Frozen Windows

druadan

Well, after this first real cold snap in Toronto, my windows would not go down yesterday or today. I only took short 15 min. drives either day. Dealer has been advised.

7 months and 9000 KM's, and car is great so far other than hood cowl rattle at HWY speed which I have not had fixed yet.

Anyone other cold weather Journeys encountering this.

thanks.

Hmmm. We just went through that same cold snap. I didn't notice anything, but opening my window at -5° was the last thing on my mind, lol!

I'll keep that in mind and try it next time. I park in a garage so with no ice issues it will be interesting to verify that it is/is not a cold issue.

I live in Oshawa. I did notice that the journey window motors seem very weak. Gets a little cold and they are really slow.

We are in Hamilton.

Window problems here too. I think the rubber seals are sticking to the glass. They are frozen together and after a bit of warm up while driving the car they work well. No cowl noise though.

We had the same issue with our old Pontiac Transport van. The windows would freeze shut and work after the vehicle warmed up.

But We do love those heated side mirrors and seats!!

The Stewie

I would say the windows are getting frozen to the lower window sill as well. One morning I went out to the car and the window hung up for a second untill it broke the little bit of ice built up. If you really need your window down, use a credit card or something similar and slide it between the window and rubber strip. Be careful you could actually tear the rubber by doing this. Been there and done that with another ride.