recalls

lisaab1969

i love my Dodge Journey; but lately it seems that everything is breaking all at once. does anyone have a list of recalls or know what i should do? I've replace the brakes 2x already.my mechanic said it could be the caliper. ticking noise in the engine; believed to be the lifters. just replaced a broken part having to do with the motor for the ventilation/AC/heat. now the other day my cat wouldn't start. Feeling afraid i'm going to have an ongoing thing here.My car is only a 2010. Also after reading others posts in here, i'm feeling a little ill...:-(

• 1 month later...

The Brakes have always sucked on the Journeys. When I got my 2009, I had to change the brakes between 10,000 and 15,000 miles. Don't get them replaced at the dealership because you will still be getting the same yucky brakes again. I got mine replaced at a Belle Tire and and did the normal wear from there on with no problems.

How many miles on the car? What engine? Do you perform regular maintenance as required? Brakes are shabby as mkcarter states. Tell your "mechanic" to replace the rotors and pads with some quality aftermarket parts, not the same OEM stuff. Ticking could be any number of things, especially if you don't change the oil regularly. Try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. Car would not start? Could be a battery going bad or corroded/loose connections. "Broken part having to do with the motor for the ventilation/AC/heat"? Unfortunately some things break sometimes. Add some more details so we can assist you better.

Edited by jkeaton