fiat freemont grille assembly

dethdeks

so im new to this forums and was actually searching for mods i could do to my 09 sxt awd 3.5 journey and stumbled across a post talking about swapping the front grill with a freemont now i seen a freemont a while back on wikipedia and was kinda shocked that the journey had a brother and then thought the grille was cool but never thought about swapping it onto mine. the only two issues that i can think may arise from this is 1) finding one as i live in canada and 2) from the pictures of the freemont grill it almost looks like it may be a two piece assembly where as the DJ is only a single piece assembly.

my questions are 1) anyone have a website i can get my hands on a grille assembly and 2) am i wrong in thinking the freemont grill is a 2 piece assembly?

when i say a 2 piece grill i mean

Fiat_Freemont_20_16V_Multijet_Urban_ndas

red box is one piece green box is second piece or is it all one piece like the DJ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by dethdeks

Here are some informations for You:

The Fiat grille is an assembly of the red and green area shown in the picture. Replacing the Journey grille should be no problem, because it works perfect in the other direction. A lot of Freemont owners in Germany already did the conversion successfully. Here is a link to the German Freemont forum:

http://www.freemont.de/design/exterieur/fiat-symbol-t1869/index3.html

In post #48 there are pictures which compare both grilles, Fiat and Dodge.

If You wanna look for Fiat spare part numbers, goto google and type in " fiat eper online ". Eper is the multilingual electronic parts catalog from Fiat. There are some sites out there, which offer access to it.

so after doing a little bit of research i think i may have found the part code for the grille. im not to sure if its from a 2009 or if its a 2013 but if someone has a bit more knowledge of this here`s the two codes i found K1TX83TZZAA and 70722-010

Code for grille K1TX83TZZAA is right. Exact the same I got out of EPER. The second part You need is the Fiat logo part# 51785573.

Interesting that You can not order the parts, because they come from the same factory in Mexico as the DJ´s.

Edited by Toy4ever

Code for grille K1TX83TZZAA is right. Exact the same I got out of EPER. The second part You need is the Fiat logo part# 51785573.

Interesting that You can not order the parts, because they come from the same factory in Mexico as the DJ´

Yeah I'm not to sure why this is either. I took both part numbers to my parts department and neither number pulled up anything. so i may end up having to find someone on here that would be willing to sell me a grille assembly. :spiteful:

yeah i just checked it at work and with work discount after taxs and everything its $366.71 CAD also for the part number my work has it as the almost exact same part number except for the last digit is a B not an A the one i was qouted on its parts number is 1TX83TZZAB. on the website its only $265 shipped.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

in related to this topic, has anyone knows if the front bottom bumper grille of the journey 2012 rt is the same size with the 2013 journey rt? i just saw a grill insert on ebay saying the grill only fits the journey 2013 rt model, and my vehicle is 2012 rt, anyone could help?

• 3 weeks later...

in related to this topic, has anyone knows if the front bottom bumper grille of the journey 2012 rt is the same size with the 2013 journey rt? i just saw a grill insert on ebay saying the grill only fits the journey 2013 rt model, and my vehicle is 2012 rt, anyone could help?

And if anybody can tell if 2014 is the same to 2012-2013?

• 9 months later...