OEM backup camera?

cannot be done using dodge parts, i have checked several dealerships as mine came with the 8.4 but no rear cam. their are after market rear cams that will work thur the 8.4 but have not used them. lockpic is one of them. check out the differenet forum topic for info. if you find something and do it please post if you are happy with it.

i will be doing this install next month.......using the parts from the above link......

you did see in the parts instruction that the dealer will have to do a sales code update to your computer for this to work at least thats what i was reading in the paperwork. let us know how it works after you get it done. i was going to give this info to my dodge dealer to check out as they told me they cant add the rear camera as its not a parts option for them.

you did see in the parts instruction that the dealer will have to do a sales code update to your computer for this to work at least thats what i was reading in the paperwork. let us know how it works after you get it done. i was going to give this info to my dodge dealer to check out as they told me they cant add the rear camera as its not a parts option for them.

also you have to have re2/ re4 radio only for it to work. i have printed the paperwork and am going to check my local delaer with my vin # and have him see if this can be done and how much they would charge ill post next week after i find out. as i have been wanting to update my 8.4 with the rear cam but all the dodge dealers have told me no way, and i didnt want to use aftermarket parts such as lockpic as ive heard their parts are not up to standard.

also you have to have re2/ re4 radio only for it to work. i have printed the paperwork and am going to check my local delaer with my vin # and have him see if this can be done and how much they would charge ill post next week after i find out. as i have been wanting to update my 8.4 with the rear cam but all the dodge dealers have told me no way, and i didnt want to use aftermarket parts such as lockpic as ive heard their parts are not up to standard.

i have the RE2 radio

i just called my local dealer and he wasnt aware of this part so i gave him the part number and my vin# and he called me back and said yes he wasnt aware of this,But yes it can be done and he said he would charge me 305 for the system and 90 for the install and since i am a chry. retiree i get 25% off of parts total cost should be about $365. so i told him to order it and will be about one week till i can have it in.. i told him that since most of the journeys on his lot didnt have the backup cam but had the 8.4 screen it should be a great upsell for his service dept, and he needs to adv. to his custermers. i have been trying since 2011 to get a rear cam back up sys. for this vec and the cheapset i had ever found was after market for 700 installed at a classic car store. but wanted a oem sys... this blog is really great for sharing ideas and for help... thanks for the tip spl147 i fgured for less than 90 id let the dealer do it you might want to price it with your local dealer also since you will have to pay him $50. to add the sales code ALOT EASIER and then comes with12/12k warrenty

i just called my local dealer and he wasnt aware of this part so i gave him the part number and my vin# and he called me back and said yes he wasnt aware of this,But yes it can be done and he said he would charge me 305 for the system and 90 for the install and since i am a chry. retiree i get 25% off of parts total cost should be about $365. so i told him to order it and will be about one week till i can have it in.. i told him that since most of the journeys on his lot didnt have the backup cam but had the 8.4 screen it should be a great upsell for his service dept, and he needs to adv. to his custermers. i have been trying since 2011 to get a rear cam back up sys. for this vec and the cheapset i had ever found was after market for 700 installed at a classic car store. but wanted a oem sys... this blog is really great for sharing ideas and for help... thanks for the tip spl147 i fgured for less than 90 id let the dealer do it you might want to price it with your local dealer also since you will have to pay him $50. to add the sales code ALOT EASIER and then comes with12/12k warrenty

glad i could help!!

• 4 weeks later...

well just got the back up cam installed at my local dealership took about 3 hrs was only supposed to take 1.5 hr but their computers had crashed and had to wait for them to come back up so they could do the sales code update. then they said it was ready and i checked it out or thought i had and got almost home when i noticed my manual buttons belowthe radio only half of them were working so i called the dealer and they said to come back so i went and picked my wife up and went back to the dealer and while they worked on it i borrowed a car from them and took the wife out for lunch and just as we were finnishing up lunch they called and said every thing was working that the mech hadnt pushed the connectors tight the first time. so everything working just great and my total cost was $218 for the cam ( with my 25 percent off for being a chry. ret) $20 tax and $90 labor charge for a total of $328. and it comes with a 12 month/12k warrenty. so far i am happy with it and i thing that was a great deal for it and the install