2013 trailer prep package question?

spl147

if you are going to use the OEM wireharness make sure you have the contection under the rear of the car first. Im not sure if you didn't order the TOW PREP PACKAGE for the original purchase if you will have the proper connection for this harness. Because of the LED lighting you cannot just plug into the rear lights themselves. Also there is a 130.00 charge to activate the plug if you didn't but the TOW PREP PACKAGE so keep that in mind also. We ordered the PREP PACKAGE and are still having issues with getting it activated properly !!!

also as you didn't order the prep package that you do not have the extra oil cooler so your towing capacity is drastically hit from 2500 LBS down to about 1000 LBS towing capacity...

actually on my build sheet it has:

NHAP Engine Oil Cooler

Your build sheet should also say "AHT" if you have the trailer tow package and "XFUP" Trailer Tow W/4-Pin Connector Wiring. Did you not get the harness?

my build sheet has neither of those.....

but i found this behind the bumper above the drivers side exhaust tip

trailerplug.jpg

that's the plug alright :).. but now im even more confused, did I just spend 225.00 CAD for the TOW PREP GROUP just to get the wire harness ?? sounds like you have everything that you get with it without paying for it ?? interesting... maybe DODGECARES can chime in on this ...

did you check EBAY. Also call your local dodge dealership as it is a mopar part and prob only available through them. There is a lot of aftermarcket ones but I wouldn't trust them.

i did, none there......can you verify the part # for me?

yeah the stealership charged me 112 buck to get my lights to turn on for the harness as well. Bunch of bullsh*t if you ask me

as long as you ordered the TOW PREP PACKAGE than it is free to activate, just went through this and got mine covered after arguing with my dealership and ultimately calling the 1-800 dodge Canada number :)

That number (68080973AA) comes up as "body reinforcement - front"...not the wiring harness which is "P68080976AC" which is taken directly from the bag that is still in my trunk. Haven't gotten around to putting the hitch on yet, so, it is still in the storage area in the back end. The chassis - rear trailer wiring harness is 68080976AC for the 2013 DJ and AFAIK, hasn't been superseded by another part number.

• 1 month later...

I'm in Canada, and have a '13 R/T Rallye.

I did not buy the trailer prep package. They informed me it is not an option on the Rallye's. It has everything it needs other than the hitch and wiring (as per my sales rep). They wanted $700 for the hitch and wiring. Took it across the street to a shop, they sold me a hitch, ball, shank, and wiring- installed, for $174.

I asked him if he had to have the lights activated or anything, he looked at me like I had three heads. Everything has worked flawlessly. Monday morning I am going to request a build sheet- see if it has an oil cooler.

• 3 weeks later...