Completely wrecked my 2009 Journey yesterday

Mary Rogers

hello, feeling much better today. To answer the question, both front air bags deployed - the entire collision occured in the front of the vehicle, driver side. I did not have my children in the car with me. I spoke with the adjuster today and it will be totaled - was already at $19,000 and not done yet. They are still trying to figure out value, not much to go on. I am going to take the money and purchase the exact same vehicle. Going to try and post photos now.

Glad to hear you are okay Mary. The Journey does have a five star crash rating (the industries highest) and Dodge uses a ton of high strength steel in the car's construction. Again glad to know your okay...As an aside, if you happen to ever back out of your garage with the back door wide open...it will cost you about $1,600 dollars (US) to repair. Ask me I know.

Ace

• 2 weeks later...
Glad to hear you are okay Mary. The Journey does have a five star crash rating (the industries highest) and Dodge uses a ton of high strength steel in the car's construction. Again glad to know your okay...As an aside, if you happen to ever back out of your garage with the back door wide open...it will cost you about $1,600 dollars (US) to repair. Ask me I know.

Ace

Glad you are okay as well Mary. When I test drove the Journey last spring I felt very safe in it - and that was before the safety rating came out..

BTW, Ace, $1600 is about he price of new left rear driver's side door, when a little old lady backs into it in the grocery store parking lot!!! At least the insurance paid for it -- but the vinyl appliqués for the vertical window jams is not right..

Phil