Loved it / Hate it !!

kmac171

What has went wrong with it?

When I first got the car everything was fine. About a month later I noticed the shifting became rough. 1st to 2nd was horrible, very rough, and when it downshifts from 2nd to 1st the car jerks forward and if your not ready for it you can very well hit the car in front of you. I brought it to the dealer and they told me that was the way this transmission worked. I knew that was "bull", but I figured I had the extended warranty. Had I known about this site and the great information it provides I would have taken it further at that time. Also, when on the highway doing 55-75mph the car shifts between gears which is a real pain. I have read here that others have the same problem with their Journey's.

I also had the left front headlamp connector burn out. It actually melted!! I had trouble with the CD player. I kept getting an error message when loading new CDs. They fixed it by programing the radio again. There is also an electrical problem that they say "can't be duplicated". When you turn the key off the dashboard flickers like there is a short. It does not do it all the time, but it happens enough that they could have seen it happen.

And last, there is a "buzzing" noise that comes from the front when doing 60+ mph. I told them I think it's coming from the cowl because it's plastic and only held on my those little plastic screws, but they once again said they could not hear it.

Like I said before, when I bought the car I loved it, but now I really hate to drive it. But now that I have found this site and know that other people are having the same trouble I will be making a service appointment ASAP.

Well thats my story... :happy feet:

Regarding the buzzing noise, have the dealer apply TSB 23-027-08, this will address the cowl screen issue. Also ask the dealer to look at the exhaust using TSB 11-003-08. I'll investigate the dash lights flickering and let you know what I find out.

mjm48 Thanks for the information. I am taking the car to the dealer next week.

• 2 weeks later...
I (MJM48) took two vacation days and visited relatives over the Thanksgiving holiday.

My last forum posts / messages were 11/25 and even that was tough because the forum was not responding most of the day.

MJM48 I apologize for my last post, I attempted to send you about 6 messages that day and I thought something may have been wrong because it didn't appear to send. Once again please accept my apology. Also, I received the message and will return it asap. Thanks, Ken

• 2 weeks later...
MJM48 I apologize for my last post, I attempted to send you about 6 messages that day and I thought something may have been wrong because it didn't appear to send. Once again please accept my apology. Also, I received the message and will return it asap. Thanks, Ken

That hard shifting problem you have, the first journey we road tested a 6 cyl sxt that had the same problem. You would step on the gas and almost get thrown out of the seat it was so bad. We took it back in and said you have some sort of transmission problem with the demo.

They said the cars all had been washed underneath and a connector must have gotten wet causing the problem. Well when we tested the R/T the salesman drove it didn't have the problem so obviously a certain number of them had some sort of transmission control issue. It would have been made some time in the first 3 months of '08.

Also when we talked to the account guy about rustproofing etc he told us he bought one for his wife that electrically died several times. It turned out the wrong radio/mygig system had been installed causing a deficiency in the electrical system.

Hope you have the problems fixed.

The Stewie

• 1 month later...
That hard shifting problem you have, the first journey we road tested a 6 cyl sxt that had the same problem. You would step on the gas and almost get thrown out of the seat it was so bad. We took it back in and said you have some sort of transmission problem with the demo.

They said the cars all had been washed underneath and a connector must have gotten wet causing the problem. Well when we tested the R/T the salesman drove it didn't have the problem so obviously a certain number of them had some sort of transmission control issue. It would have been made some time in the first 3 months of '08.

Also when we talked to the account guy about rustproofing etc he told us he bought one for his wife that electrically died several times. It turned out the wrong radio/mygig system had been installed causing a deficiency in the electrical system.

Hope you have the problems fixed.

The Stewie

Hey all check under the trans forum for an update on this car. NEVER AGAIN WILL I OWN A CHRYSLER. 20+ YEARS DOWN THE DRAIN!! I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT!!!! :angry22: