Replacement Tires from Costco

drozz

Hey All,

Thought I'd post this as an FYI to anyone who maybe looking for new tires. I went to my local costco looking to replace the Kumho tires that came on my 2011 crew as they are almost worn right out. Costco like many other places don't carry the 225/55/19 tires. They put my journey into the system and it reported back a set of Michelins at 235/55/19 would fit onto the truck. They ordered them in, put them on, they looked nice, but when i tried to pull away, i heard a rubbing noise coming from the front of the truck. When we checked, the replacement tire was rubbing on a metal plate that is under the front suspension spring. it was sitting right on it, no give at all. they had to put my old tires back on, and i went to my dealer and they have a set of good year tires that are 225/55/19 that will be installed this weekend.

what mileage do you have on your journey, i have a 2011 with the 17 inch tires and just past 50 k and still have great tread on them. but will prob. put new ones on before winter.

Total 76k of that 66k on the 19' the rest on my winters

That's wierd, many people have reported that the dodge recommended 235/55/19 size fits just fine. Are you positive they tried that correct size tire?

Yup I looked on the side wall of the new tire. The steel plate was right on top of the tire.

Yup I looked on the side wall of the new tire. The steel plate was right on top of the tire.

I noticed that steel plate also. Mine is as i calculate is an inch higher than the tire might be bigger but 100% sure it wont be bigger than 2 inches! I dont know anything about tires but i question myself how do they msnage to install bigger wheels with this?