Rear Break "stuck"? THIS WILL KILL A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!!

I have a 2011 DJ, this car brings me alot of issue, radio replace twice still having time issue, oil leaking and replaced oil pan @ 30000km, sensors been replace, air filter replace @10000km, recently i have rear break issue noise comming from my weels, so i bring my car in the dealer and was told today my breaks needs to be replace, i told them I had the break check last month and was told all my breaks are fine then the service rep told me he couldnt find any records, i said its for my safety replace it, but i dont think any breaks will warn out from 60% to none in a month this should be something the warrenty cover, he didnt answer that, than i ask how much would that cost me and he said about 850+ tax for 4 new pads, 2 disk and 2 clips, later on they call me to pick up the car than i ask him again why does the break warn out in a month he actually show me my old break it was stuck i said this is factory defective I want to speak to a service manager, the guy said the service manager is not in today, in order for me to get my car is i have to paid full first so i was force to pay close to $1000. right after i pay for it the guy gave me the customer care number and told me to call them, so I call them today and open a case I will see whats next.

but there is still alot of electronic parts and sensor order today and waiting to be replace,

I wanna say "I dont know how to keep this car for the next 5 years till i pay off, and by the time i finish paying it, it will prob. worth nothing I got no choice but to trade them in to the dealer and stuck with dodge, which i dont want if the quality and built is this poor. I am very disapointed after 12 years 4 dodge this is the worst dodge i ever had. "

Not to metion the older model had all kinds of oil leaking and transmission issues but breaks issue will kill a lot of people if by any chance the breaks are malfunction duing the highway or snow and cause any accidents.

FIX THEM ONCE AND FOR ALL ! DODGE, I dont wanna hear any news about people getting kill because of a malfunction or defective breaks of DODGE.

Call Customer care. You are making a lot of noise but not doing much about it. You should have found out what the warranty was going to cover BEFORE they start turning wrenches. And there is always a second opinion.

You need to go to the top of the food chain then. You need to be assertive here. Be nice, but you have to know what your rights are here and let them know. If its past that keep following up with Customer Care.

• 2 weeks later...

If it was a stuck caliper, then it is a defect and should have been replaced under warranty. The calipers are covered for 3 years/60,000km I beleive? I am in a similar situation. I took the Journey in for an oil change and they tell me my rear brakes are worn and need replacing. I only have 34k on it, so that is way too soon for rear brakes. They quoted me $400 for aftermarket parts, or $500 for OEM. I declined as I can do that work myself. When I left the dealership, I looked at my brakes and one side had a lot of pad material left on it and the other side was very low. So it looks like one side might be sticking???

Sounds like what happened to my 2011 DJ. The symptoms are a slight intermittent clicking/grinding noise when the wheels rotate, but I only notice this on very slow speeds and after a few kilometres of driving. Both rear brake pads and rotors were replaced because the caliper became stuck and melted on the brake pad, as per the explanation that was given to me.

I'm going in for an oil change this weekend and it appears the same issue may be starting up again; the sound is very faint, but similar to my previous problems. I currently have 36k on my DJ, the first time occurred around 26K.

I have had my brakes done twice already on my 2010 Journey , only 31,000 km because of sticking calipers. Front pads and rotors and rear pads and rotors. I had to pay for rear rotors this time as they were not replaced under warranty the first time . Service manager at dealership said I should have caliper slides lubed twice a year when I change rims and tires for summer and winter .

• Official Dodge Support

I have had my brakes done twice already on my 2010 Journey , only 31,000 km because of sticking calipers. Front pads and rotors and rear pads and rotors. I had to pay for rear rotors this time as they were not replaced under warranty the first time . Service manager at dealership said I should have caliper slides lubed twice a year when I change rims and tires for summer and winter .

Bubba,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having braking issues with your DJ.

Have you contacted Customer Care to review these repairs?

Can you please send me a private message with your VIN and contact information so I can take a look?

Thank you

I think that is BS, I never had to do this on any of my other DODGE and they neve had this problem.

I just replaced the rear pads on my 2011 Journey with 36,000 km and also lubed all of the caliper slide pins. It's not really a hard job to do on your own so the twice a year drill with the tire rotation seems like a good preventative maintenance plan while you have the brakes exposed. If you had to pay the dealer then I guess at every brake service (every 20,000 km according to dealer) I would have it done.

• 2 weeks later...

i replaced my brakes in every corner myself at about 40 000km. the rear one were so bad that it was STUCK and not breaking at all. front where were fine but rotors where warped and it was vibrating. i could have it done at the dealer ship but here is no way i was letting dodge put the same crap on it again. i have never seen REAR brake rust and worn like this before the front brake of a car, EVER. it was dangerous to drive as it was only braking from the front. i had to use a sledge hammer to get them out. what a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like what happened to my 2011 DJ. The symptoms are a slight intermittent clicking/grinding noise when the wheels rotate, but I only notice this on very slow speeds and after a few kilometres of driving. Both rear brake pads and rotors were replaced because the caliper became stuck and melted on the brake pad, as per the explanation that was given to me.

I'm going in for an oil change this weekend and it appears the same issue may be starting up again; the sound is very faint, but similar to my previous problems. I currently have 36k on my DJ, the first time occurred around 26K.

Sorry for the long delay in updating my post. After bringing my car into service earlier this month, it was found that the fronts experienced the same issues as what happened to my rear brakes. The dealership again replaced it as a 'willfull gesture'.

I don't want to call out DodgeCACares, but after taking a look at this subforum, there are more and more articles/threads about the same issue with the brakes. On a perspective of the business, it may be the right thing to do and raise it to headquarters and get some type of recall or more light into the situation before someone gets seriously hurt by these brake problems.

I don't know much about legal proceedings, but any company that mindfully knows they have an issue, but don't address it in time may find themselves in a lot of trouble and have to painstakingly get their credibility back. I for one find the DJ's awesome ever since they revamped it from 2011 and onwards, but Dodge really needs to look at some of the quality of parts, especially the brakes as I for one may not be a repeat customer given all the brake issues I've had (36km only on my DJ and 4 major brake work done).

Just my opinion and 2 cents....