Factory nav/rear cam -vs- aftermarket

Hi Everyone,

Wondering if I might be able to get some feedback from those who have gone through this process? Is it worth it for someone like me who does not work on cars to buy a vehicle with the nav/rear cam option factory installed or to purchase aftermarket and pay someone to install for me? I'm not familiar with the costs involved going the AM route. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

i went to a custom acc. dealer that had a unit for rear cam and he wanted $700. to install a rear cam unit in my 2011 and he offered 2 different cameras one like you used which he said was like a mercedie quality and he also offered a lic. plate frame with the camera built in at the top that was able to be adjusted alittle by using a allen wrench up and down... never did have him install it thought it was too much as i had priced the lock pic and it was about $325 new with a camera wife doesnt want me to tear the car apart..lol doesnt trust me oh well....................... p.s. i mentioned to the dealer if he used the lock pic brand and he said NO he used audio vox and that the lock pic wasnt of good quality. dont know but thats what he said.