Increased HP

tbrenan

Actually the Mopar CAI for the 3.6L is a quality piece of equipment to be added to any of our Pentastars but the problem is they don't make them yet for the Journey. I installed one on my 2012 Charger with 3.6L and it added the 10HP plus gobs of sound. (Felt like a kid again putting the baseball card on the bicycle wheel to get sound from the spokes!) It truly does make a difference but the problem is the unit you could purchase for the Challenger or Charger will not fit our units as the Chargers/Challenger are RWD whereas the Journey are FWD. The unit won't fit because the engine is turned 90 degrees. The CAI hooks up to the left side of the engine on the Charger/Challenger which means it would run into the firewall on our Journeys. Hopefully they will produce one for the Journey as I'll be one ASAP...until then I'll wait as the other crap they sell for CAIs is just that - junk!

And no, the PCM takes care of any automatic changes to the system due to CAI. No computer upgrades or changes are required. One can reset the system - there's a writeup on it on the chargerforumz.com forum but no need to change computer settings as it's automatic. Also, the MPGs didn't change a bit other then when I would put my foot in it to hear that thing growl...and it certainly adds a deep, throat growl when accelerating.

http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=137072

Click on the link above for my write up and pics.

Edited by NorthStar1