Rear brake stuck on

Today I had my right rear brake stick on, it felt sluggish when driving . When I stopped to check smoke was coming from brake . Had the same problem last august on left rear, they replaced and lubed both rear calipers under warranty.

• Official Dodge Support

Today I had my right rear brake stick on, it felt sluggish when driving . When I stopped to check smoke was coming from brake . Had the same problem last august on left rear, they replaced and lubed both rear calipers under warranty.

Bubba,

Sorry to learn of your experience with your DJ. Were the pads and rotors fine ?

I always recommend getting a hold of our Customer Service to document your concerns even though it was done under warranty.

If your get a chance, contact Chrysler Canada Customer service at 1-800-465-2001, it's worth getting your feedback/experience into the system.

Is it normal hearing and feeling a very noticeable clunk noise every time i step on my break when im not moving! Its like two metal grinding.. I dont feel anything while im driving it stops nicely no clunking/grinding while im stoping. Aside by being sluggish from stationary i dont feel anything unusual but as i've heard it common on journey to be sluggish due to its heavy weight!

One thing more, warp rotors and numerous break problem on dodge journey is common issue on this forum! So always do engine break by downshifting evrery time im about to stop! I could tell that it can help on my break not to do the stopping job alone!

My question is... Is it a good idea or im just punishing my transmission and making a more complicated problem in the long run!!

Advices and opinons are welcome and muchly appreciated!

Is it normal hearing and feeling a very noticeable clunk noise every time i step on my break when im not moving! Its like two metal grinding.. I dont feel anything while im driving it stops nicely no clunking/grinding while im stoping. Aside by being sluggish from stationary i dont feel anything unusual but as i've heard it common on journey to be sluggish due to its heavy weight!

One thing more, warp rotors and numerous break problem on dodge journey is common issue on this forum! So always do engine break by downshifting evrery time im about to stop! I could tell that it can help on my break not to do the stopping job alone!

My question is... Is it a good idea or im just punishing my transmission and making a more complicated problem in the long run!!

Is it in park when you here the noise, could be the safety interlock in the shifter. I can here mine when I step on brake .

Downshifting is fine, IMHO. Brakes are cheaper than transmissions though. Downshifting does tax the transmission. I tend to coast to stops when possible. Saves gas, brakes, and allows the tranny to downshift at normal shift points.

Peace.