2013 Journey Rear Wheel Squeaking HELP!!!!

Well its summertime now and I love to driving with my windows down. Well since my windows are down now, I started to notice a squeaking sound coming from the drives side rear wheel. The faster I drive the more the squeaking picks up. When coming to a stop the noise disappears. It gets real annoying pretty fast. Any ideas/advice that will help me out, will greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time ,John.

Sounds brake-related. How many miles on your Journey? I'm not implying that they are worn out, but you may have a caliper hanging up, or the outer edge of the rotor might have some corrosion on it which touches the brake pad. Hub bearing is definitely a possibility. Should easily be duplicated on a lift if the noise is there consistently. Basic warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles so you should have coverage for the repair unless the brake pads are indeed worn out due to normal wear/use. Call your dealer for an appointment when it is convenient for you and have it diagnosed/repaired. Keep us posted.

Thanks for everyone's input and support. I made an appointment with the dealership four days from today. Im guessing it's the wheel bearing, since I'm under 4000 miles. Thanks for reminding me of the warranty. Really didn't feel like dishing out too much money on a brand new DJ.

Ther should be no charge to you at all-especially if you go back to the selling dealer. There is also the possibility that a small stone has lodged in between a brake rotor and its backing plate which is causing your noise. I would not charge my customer to remove it even though that would not necessarily be a warrantable repair.

• 2 months later...

I had mine in yesterday complaining about this same noise and they indicated that it had to do with there being 3mm left on the rear pads. They insisted I get them replaced as this would solve the problem but I was not sold as what would the 3mm left on the rear brakes have to do with squeaking while driving.

There is 45K on my Journey and am kind of suprised that there was that much wear on the rear brakes as opposed to the front brakes.