Anybody try 245/50/19 tires?

onecrazyfoo4u

I've seen a guy try 255 wide tires on stock rims, but that seems a bit too wide. I know the recommended replacement size is 235/50/r19. But has anyone tried te 245/50/r19 size tire? It would be nice to be almost an inch wider than stock tires. Just checking.

Hi, I don't have the tire size available to me right this minute but we bought new tires for our DJ at Discount Tire and they sound real close to what your asking about.

They are wider than the stock tires that were on it, And seem fine and look real good. It seems to steer and drive as before. I'll look for the size maybe tomorrow and post it.

Hi, I don't have the tire size available to me right this minute but we bought new tires for our DJ at Discount Tire and they sound real close to what your asking about.

They are wider than the stock tires that were on it, And seem fine and look real good. It seems to steer and drive as before. I'll look for the size maybe tomorrow and post it.

Awesome thanks for checking; let me know what size you have!

Whoops, double post... Edited by onecrazyfoo4u

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

got 255/50R19 on ours

looks good, not to big

Those are the tires I am looking at too. The Yokohama YK580 are actually cheaper by $3 a tire in the 255/50 size compared to the 235/55 size. I think it will give the truck a nice wide looking stance. the 225's on it now just look too skinny for a SUV. My little VW Jetta had 225 tires on it.