2012 SXT rattle in front end/suspension under 30MPH.

MY 2012 Journey SXT 3.6L 6-speed auto.

Has had this issue since almost day one, but It was so intermit...under 30 mph...if you hit certain types of pavement irregularities, there is a rattle,clunk,rattle,clunk sound....from the front end, Now our roads in Florida a fairly flat and smooth..so it is hard to duplicate.

It has progressively gotten worse as the miles have gone now...Not at15000 miles..it seems to be more common. but still only certain perfect conditions...Hard to duplicate for the dealer.

It comes across as a cross member beam loose, strut loose...something...just wondering if anyone else has heard this sound.

BTW:

had the tranny flashed....best it has ever shifted..

had the fuel gauge flashed/ TSB done fuel module replacement--cured the fuel level issues.

Other then that and this loose rattle sound..no other issues..Luv it so far....

MY 2012 Journey SXT 3.6L 6-speed auto.

Has had this issue since almost day one, but It was so intermit...under 30 mph...if you hit certain types of pavement irregularities, there is a rattle,clunk,rattle,clunk sound....from the front end, Now our roads in Florida a fairly flat and smooth..so it is hard to duplicate.

It has progressively gotten worse as the miles have gone now...Not at15000 miles..it seems to be more common. but still only certain perfect conditions...Hard to duplicate for the dealer.

It comes across as a cross member beam loose, strut loose...something...just wondering if anyone else has heard this sound.

I've had some (suspension?) noise that I have not had a chance to have the dealer investigate yet. Happens with any side to side sway like if I hit a driveway entrance or exit at an angle. Mine seems to be coming from the rear but honestly it is hard to isolate. The noise is definitely related to the sway but I cannot say for sure that mine is suspension (although that is the most likely culprit). Like you, everything is perfect 99% of the time so I have almost written it off as a normal noise. If I find out anything, I will certainly post it here. Please also keep us updated on yours.

I plan to have mine looked at in June (my 2 yr maintenance check).

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Check to ensure all the brake pad clips are in place. I had a similar rattle from the left front end of the my Journey. I did notice that it would not rattle as much when I applied the brakes. Investigating further, I noticed that I was missing one of the brake pad clips. I purchased the brake hardware kit for $5.99 at Autozone which included 8 such clips. I installed a clip at the missing location and issue is now resolved.