Backordered hitches are in !!

Moparman

Got a call from my dealer the other day telling me hitches had arrived. This happened a few weeks after I gave up waiting and got one from u-haul. I was pretty annoyed until he told me that the new ones are virtually identical to the aftermarket style. Guess we'll just have to get used to the look of the new ones. Very frustrating though for the people who have been waiting forever.

Make sure you get some refund on the new style. It is actually listed cheaper on the Mopar web site now. Just got mine today and dealer refunded the difference in price. I too am disappointed that it now looks like the after market hitches. I would have gotten one of them a long time ago (9 months) if I had known it would not be truly hidden. Only satisfaction is that I will now do the install myself since you don't have to take off the rear fascia. It will also work better with my bike rack since it is no longer a vertical attachment receiver. And yes it is a Mopar hitch, complete with Mopar part number and Mopar instructions. If you want to still try and get one of the original hidden hitches, you will have to find a used one.

One other thing that was disappointing. The adapter ball mount (for vertical mount) which was also on backorder and got a new part number is still good for the original vertical mount receiver. Got a refund for that since it is of no use for me with the new receiver. Amazing they can make one of the parts the same as originally marketed but not the other.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pissed off if I wanted that kind of hitch I would put it on myself 11 months ago , told dealer I want to be reimbursed for my $1200 because it is not the hitch I ordered with my car .Plus I didn't realize this until they installed it (6hours ),went to pick up car seen the hitch and lost it.....................I could of bought that piece of s..t for $250 11 months ago and I know it would not be in my shop for 6 hours!

Pissed of Chrysler Customer