Fuel warning light accuracy

rolly

I went to the dealers today for my first oil change. I asked about the accuracy of the fuel warning system and was told that when the light comes on there should be approximately be 10 litres left in the tank. The most I've had to put in at fill up has been 59 litres so that sounds about right. I've also noticed a slight improvement in mileage in the few fill ups. What has been your experience with the fuel light?

I went to the dealers today for my first oil change. I asked about the accuracy of the fuel warning system and was told that when the light comes on there should be approximately be 10 litres left in the tank. The most I've had to put in at fill up has been 59 litres so that sounds about right. I've also noticed a slight improvement in mileage in the few fill ups. What has been your experience with the fuel light?

Rolly

I agree with redtomatoman my fuel guage goes to E too quickly......LOL, but that's another story, :headspin:

As I mentioned in another thread, according to the My Fuelly site, the most fuel I have ever put in my car is 76.36 liters and 5 times I have exceeded 76 liters. Unfortunately these fillups were a while ago so I really don't remember any specifics about them. On my car the warning light seems to come on just below 1/8 of a tank which, if my math is correct, would mean 8-10 liters left at this time. But if you are only putting 59 liters in when your guage reads empty there is something wrong. Hope this info helps you.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

I went to the dealers today for my first oil change. I asked about the accuracy of the fuel warning system and was told that when the light comes on there should be approximately be 10 liters left in the tank. The most I've had to put in at fill up has been 59 liters so that sounds about right. I've also noticed a slight improvement in mileage in the few fill ups. What has been your experience with the fuel light?

The fuel tank capacity for 2013 models...FWD is 78 liters and for AWD it is 81 Liters, hope this helps you with the calculations.

Rolly

I agree with redtomatoman my fuel guage goes to E too quickly......LOL, but that's another story, :headspin:

As I mentioned in another thread, according to the My Fuelly site, the most fuel I have ever put in my car is 76.36 liters and 5 times I have exceeded 76 liters. Unfortunately these fillups were a while ago so I really don't remember any specifics about them. On my car the warning light seems to come on just below 1/8 of a tank which, if my math is correct, would mean 8-10 liters left at this time. But if you are only putting 59 liters in when your guage reads empty there is something wrong. Hope this info helps you.

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I have to go to the dealer this week and I'll get them to check it out.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just brought my Journey in today to get the brakes done (I didn't pay parts, but I did pay labour, which I feel is an acknowledgement that there are problems with the brakes...$372 after taxes is better than over 1K) and I had mentioned my gas gauge issue; not reaching full even when force feeding it, which in turn screws with the empty status indicator, ; There does seem to be a fix for it in that there's a module that needs replacing; just waiting for the order to come in now. TSB 08-063-12. Apart from that, got my PCM flashed for the transmission shudders on the down-shift and hesitations to accelerate when close to a shift point.

• 2 months later...

I ordered brakes for mine. It has 18k kms. They still have problems with the brakes? I thoughtChrysler fixed them in the 2011's. I hope my aftermarket brakes last longer than the stockers. My mom's Saab 9-7x has 60k kms and just now the mechaninc told her she will need brakes soon. She still has 20% left!