REU head unit GPS compass arrow inverted West and East

For anyone that has the 2010 model, did you notice that the compass arrow direction displaying on the monitor is inverted?

I have noticed this from day 1 when I received the vehicle. The compass on the instrument cluster is correct, but on the navigation display the West and the East are inverted. While the North and South is correct.

I received a new head unit recently because of a failed hard drive. I was hoping the new install would correct the issue. The new unit still displays inverted heading.

It's strange no one else noticed or perhaps just one vehicle which would be even more strange.

DodgeCares, can you look into this occurrence please. I will let the dealer know shortly when I bring it back for service.

Hi Terry, thanks for feedback.

Hmm. I wonder what would cause this on my vehicle. Just clarifying as the compass on the instrument cluster is correct. But then the black triangle with the red mark is facing to the right when the instrument is saying W. When its showing E, the triangle is facing left.

Wonder if I'm the only one and if its a wiring issue.

My compass pointer on the 4.3 is exactly the same.

It has nothing to do with DJ orientation but just indicates

that you are going W which is to the left of NORTH or

going E which is right of NORTH-at least that's what my

deduction is as my triangles appear to point properly.

Hi, yes that's what it's supposed to do if. If I'm heading West, the triangle is pointing to the RIGHT. When I'm heading East, it's pointing to the LEFT. Gets worse when you mix it up, I head NE and the triangle is pointing to the Upper Left, and so on.

Anyway thanks guys for feedback. Will let the dealer know. Hopefully some wiring fix.

Edited by oneframe

• Official Dodge Support
For anyone that has the 2010 model, did you notice that the compass arrow direction displaying on the monitor is inverted?

I have noticed this from day 1 when I received the vehicle. The compass on the instrument cluster is correct, but on the navigation display the West and the East are inverted. While the North and South is correct.

I received a new head unit recently because of a failed hard drive. I was hoping the new install would correct the issue. The new unit still displays inverted heading.

It's strange no one else noticed or perhaps just one vehicle which would be even more strange.

DodgeCares, can you look into this occurrence please. I will let the dealer know shortly when I bring it back for service.

I could find no cases of what you are describing. Please post up what the dealer finds as it may help others.

• 2 weeks later...

oneframe, did you find the solution for the problem. I bought my 2013 sxt two weeks ago and I noticed the exact same thing, when I am heading south the arrow points toward north and when heading to north the arrow point to north but when I am heading east or west the arrow always points toward south. The heading information is corect on the 4.3 display and evic diplay.

arsh, not yet. Been there too many times already this year that I'll be taking it in only on my next oil change after my road trip. So probably by end of May.

So maybe it's a wiring problem seeing that it's not the Nav software affecting everyone. If you go in sooner, please report what your dealer finds as well.

• 2 weeks later...