Largest SD Card size possible? Album art?

Two day old 2013 Crew with 8.4 uconnect system, trying to confirm how big of an sd card i can use for music? I have seen references to both 32gb and 64gb.

Only had a 2gb card handy, so I put a few albums on it to play with. Music title/album/artist shows on screen but no album art. I installed MP3tag, and the files on the card show with the art attached without my having to do anything. Searching the forums yielded many of the same concerns, but I didn't see a solution..

thanks in advance!

okay, I can work with that. I have a fairly large music collection, my plan is to just get a big fat card (size?) and just copy everything onto it, then I can figure out how to run it through gracenote without disturbing the original files i use at home.

Not sure about size for your card. Make sure you have separate folders for each artist that contain all the albums as a folder and songs in each folder. Gracenote is lame. If you find a solution to the album art annoyance, I guarantee many on this forum will be interested. Gracenote has some algorithm for recognizing songs and applies album art per that algorithm. Also, I have found typos in the Gracenote data base on my 2011 DJ. I hate it!!! Van Halen is a prime example. I can't even search for some of my VH albums in Uconnect with source iPod because Gracenote renames my files to have a typo as the artist name. I leave Gracenote off and do not have any album art so that I can search without typos.

Chrysler has not yet shown any concern about my hatred of Gracenote at all. They need to update the Gracenote file in Uconnect and allow us that want it access to it. Other than that I have really enjoyed owning a DJ. Congrats on your new DJ.

Peace.

@hbalagtas- do you have a model name or number for the drive? I have tried three different drives, an OCZ 60gb SSD, a Samsung 160GB non-SSD, and an old 750gb external that requires a power brick just to see what would happen. None were recognized.

I have a 64gb PNY usb drive that it seems to recognize, but i haven't put any files on yet. Would prefer as much size as possible so I can finally be done picking and choosing music to have in the car after about ten years using a smartphone.

Incidentally, on the smaller drives I tried, all album art is working for anything older than 2011 (whenever Chrysler/Gracenote started fighting). I attribute this to the fact that I ran my entire 80gb music library through iTunes match ($24, after about a week uploading then re-downloading, I got upgraded bitrates on everything without re-ripping 10+years worth and corrected album art. Also ballooned to 140gb). My guess is UConnect wants music to be as Apple-fied as possible, whether I like it or not. Just a thought for those fighting with album art.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...