8.4N vs 8.4

zefo

I built to order a 2013 Journey SXT late november,and asked for the 8.4N. Upon delivery it has 8.4. when asked the dealer said the only options were 430 and 730(neither of which are the 8.4). After calling Uconnect/looking at their site it shows only 8.4 or 4.3 are options, not 730. He is clearly wrong and making no attempt to fix it. Is there a way/software upgrade that can make my 8.4 into a 8.4N or do i need to get the unit switched out?

Can anyone confirm a journey order in early november or before that has a 8.4N in it?

Any suggestions?

This thing is fully loaded and cost 30K, i'd like to have what i wanted!

Please help, this is my wife's first new car ever and i'd like it to be perfect for her.

• Official Dodge Support
I built to order a 2013 Journey SXT late november,and asked for the 8.4N. Upon delivery it has 8.4. when asked the dealer said the only options were 430 and 730(neither of which are the 8.4). After calling Uconnect/looking at their site it shows only 8.4 or 4.3 are options, not 730. He is clearly wrong and making no attempt to fix it. Is there a way/software upgrade that can make my 8.4 into a 8.4N or do i need to get the unit switched out?

Can anyone confirm a journey order in early november or before that has a 8.4N in it?

Any suggestions?

This thing is fully loaded and cost 30K, i'd like to have what i wanted!

Please help, this is my wife's first new car ever and i'd like it to be perfect for her.

Zefo,

The SXT came with the 4.3 and had an option for the 8.4 (RE2) radio. There was no option for navigation on the SXT. The navigation and sound group (AS4) was only available on the Crew and R/T versions. Unfortunately navigation cannot be added to the RE2 radio. I could find no dates where the navigation and sound group were available to order on the SXT for the 2013's. Keep in mind that Rolly posted above that they did indeed get the navigation with their SXT but that was because in Canada the SXT had that option. As of right now Canada has 5 trim levels where as in the United States there are only 4 so they will not match up exactly. Sorry for the bad news but I wanted to clear this up so you know what your dealing with and what was available.

Nope... To the best of my knowledge, the 8.4N wasn't available (and still isn't) on a US Journey SXT. I just visited the Dodge.com page and it still isn't an option on the SXT model. That was one of the reasons (I also wanted the heated seats and steering wheel; I got spoiled by my LongHorn RAM 2500) when I ordered my 2013 at the end of October of 2012 that I ordered the R/T model. I really liked the copper color, so, initially I was going to build a Crew, but, I was told I couldn't get the heated seats and steering wheel on the Crew; hence the R/T in Storm Gray that I have now. I believe you have to go to, at the minimum, to the Crew model lineup (in the US) to have the 8.4N option available.

Edited by webslave

I really liked the copper color, so, initially I was going to build a Crew, but, I was told I couldn't get the heated seats and steering wheel on the Crew; hence the R/T in Storm Gray that I have now.

That seems like a lie to me. My 2012 dodge journey crew has heated seats. Either someone lied to you or they changed it for 2013

When we started the ordering process back in the beginning of October 2012 for the Journey, we couldn't get the heated seats and steering wheel to show on the dealer's order pages... It is quite possible that the heated option, like the 8.4N is available on more Canadian models than the US models. We tried several different paths through the dealer's ordering process and just could not get those to show up on the Crew option pages (not in October of 2012 at any rate). The price would have been a little more for the Crew (the fully loaded Crew vs. the R/T) since a lot of the options that I wanted were "packaged" cheaper on the R/T and I'm perfectly happy with my Storm Gray color. Color me a pretty happy owner. Still can't believe you order the roof rail option and it doesn't come with cross bars, or you order the tow package and it comes with a bag of wires floating in a bag in the back, an installed cooler and no hitch. My thinking is that if you order (and pay for) "options", they should be usable when you pick up the vehicle...you shouldn't have to "order" and "pay for" more optional equipment to use your "options". It would be like ordering the optional third row seating and find the seats in a bag in the back and you would have to order the seatcoverings and seatbelts to install them for use... Much like the DRLs...everything was there, including the software to turn them on and off, but, the hoops I had to jump through to actually get them to work...? Sheesh. If you they need to charge more for the options, then charge for them so that they are complete and usable. OK, done with my mini-rant. Basically, and over-all, I'm very pleased with the vehicle.