how do u get the DVD player to work in drive

Marino1016

http://coastaletech.com/LOCKPICKC8.htm After many search...Here is the email I got-

Thanks so much for the information. Great News! Your vehicle with the all-touchscreen 8.4” Media Center Radio is completely compatible with the C8 LockPick. This particular LockPick is going to enable you to have NAV entry in motion (if equipped), video play in motion (of the factory DVD player), camera on demand, and features complete USB updateability.

The C8 LockPick also includes RCA A/V inputs for the connectivity and video play of an iPod, iPhone, external DVD or any other video device that connects via RCA [red, white, yellow] Composite Video. The C8 also has multiple Aux video inputs for the use of a rear view camera (either factory or the Coastal Electronics BarCam221), or the installation of up to 3 cameras in the vehicle.

how do u get the DVD player to work in drive !!!???

There was an earlier thread regarding this (not involving lockpick). You can try this sequence. . .

1 put shift in park

2 turn on movie in front, start playing the movie, choose show video.

3 press menu and go into dvd setup

4 shift into drive

5 press back

6 enjoy

This may work for viewing a movie while in drive.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There was an earlier thread regarding this (not involving lockpick). You can try this sequence. . .

1 put shift in park

2 turn on movie in front, start playing the movie, choose show video.

3 press menu and go into dvd setup

4 shift into drive

5 press back

6 enjoy

This may work for viewing a movie while in drive.

Peace.

I tried this for my 2013 with the 8 inch screen no GPS. On mine you dont have to go to menu to choose DVD set up, And when you are to press "back" there is only an X to go back, not like if you go further into the setup, where there is a back arrow. I tried what I thought might work from what was said here but no joy. Had audio but no video. Have they fixed the trick to bypass this? Also has anyone tried to feed from the usb port back say to a monitor?