Code P1005

kohlozzy

I have a 09 Dodge Journey and it was starting to whine when started and when accelerating. It seemed to go away once you sped through 60km/h. tried again this morning (-23 C) and the noise appeared to be coming from drive belt area. The noise went away but my check engine light was on and it was showing a code P1005, Baro Read Solenoid Circuit. What does that mean? To top it off I had a power steering hose erupt.

Any ideas on the code P1005?

Just a little more info added to Redtomatoman's post:
P1005 DODGE - Manifold Tunning Valve Control Performance

Possible causes
- Manifold tunning valve circuit open or shorted
- Manifold tunning valve poor electrical connection
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1005 DODGE Description
This Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares the circuit feedback to a calibrated closed range when when the circuit is de-energized or to a calibrated open range when the circuit is energized. If the value is to be determined to be out of the calibrated range in either the de-energized.

Little more info in this link: http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/1jxs5-2007-dodge-charger-sxt-p1005-manifold-tuning-valve-control.html

• Official Dodge Support
I have a 09 Dodge Journey and it was starting to whine when started and when accelerating. It seemed to go away once you sped through 60km/h. tried again this morning (-23 C) and the noise appeared to be coming from drive belt area. The noise went away but my check engine light was on and it was showing a code P1005, Baro Read Solenoid Circuit. What does that mean? To top it off I had a power steering hose erupt.

Any ideas on the code P1005?

Manifold tuning valve short I believe. Dealer visit is warranted.

Peace.

Just a little more info added to Redtomatoman's post:
P1005 DODGE - Manifold Tunning Valve Control Performance
Possible causes
- Manifold tunning valve circuit open or shorted

- Manifold tunning valve poor electrical connection

Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1005 DODGE Description
This Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares the circuit feedback to a calibrated closed range when when the circuit is de-energized or to a calibrated open range when the circuit is energized. If the value is to be determined to be out of the calibrated range in either the de-energized.

Little more info in this link: http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/1jxs5-2007-dodge-charger-sxt-p1005-manifold-tuning-valve-control.html

kohlozzy,

Red and SExT are pointing you in the right direct, get your DJ in to your dealer and make they diag properly and if you have any questions, send me a PM.