Keyless enrty?

dgr8dude

I have the most basic Journey (SE). It comes with power door locks, but I wanted to have keyless entry installed. Since it's not factory installed, I have to get it installed somewhere else. I've been searching and most keyless entry units come with either remote starter/alarm. Should I get one of these and have them installed? Someone told me that I may have to get a bypass(???) as well. I'm only after the keyless entry. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

That question is exactly why i came to this forum, to get an answer for keyless entry for a SE without KEYLESS ENTRY! i almost returned the journey due to it not having the keyless entry as standard equipment and sirius radio. At any rate i kept it and im dealing with the radio situation, my SE actually came with the 6 disk dvd receiver (REQ i believe), and i was very happy and impressed with being able to place mp3's on dvd's and using them rather then cd's, i can hold lots more songs on dvd's! anyhow, thanks for the link to summit racing, ill check that out for the keyless entry.

Keyless entry should really be standard on all vehicles nowadays and im really missing at this point.

Thanks again for link, hope it helps me out.

• 2 months later...

Have the basic SE as well. First thing we did is go to the local Circuit City store. They installed an Alarm system for $199 (including the install) and now we have keyless entry (it came with two remotes). So far it has been working great. Install was done in 3 hours. We got the Python 460HP.