Key FOB setting off alarm (Not Panic)

We have an interesting issue...

On 5 occasions we are walking to the vehicle and press the Unlock button and the alarm goes off.

None of the buttons on the key FOB work.

We needed to use the valet key to get in and start the car in order to get it to stop.

This has happened with each of our keys.

It is impossible to duplicate the issue but it does happen now and then.

Happening to us too. The first couple of times we thought we pressed the wrong button, but it's happened a few more times and is a problem. My wife is actually at the dealer now having it checked. We have no way to reproduce the problem, so I'm not sure what they are going to check. Unless there is a known firmware issue that Dodge has a fix for... Oh well, I'll post what I learn about the issue.

Doug

Just got a call from my wife. Of course the problem didn't happen at the dealer. They tested the fob by pushing the buttons and all worked fine. They did end up replacing the fob and reprogramming the new one. Let's see if it works. It may be weeks before it happens again...

Doug

Happening to us too. The first couple of times we thought we pressed the wrong button, but it's happened a few more times and is a problem. My wife is actually at the dealer now having it checked. We have no way to reproduce the problem, so I'm not sure what they are going to check. Unless there is a known firmware issue that Dodge has a fix for... Oh well, I'll post what I learn about the issue.

Doug

• 1 month later...