Auto on heated seats

lytefall

Does anyone know what the parameters are for the auto on heated seats with start up? I have noticed that they don't start until a it drops to a certain temp (around 3-4 C) but I have also noticed that some days it only comes on low, other days on high (even when the ambient air temp is approx the same).

• Official Dodge Support

Does anyone know what the parameters are for the auto on heated seats with start up? I have noticed that they don't start until a it drops to a certain temp (around 3-4 C) but I have also noticed that some days it only comes on low, other days on high (even when the ambient air temp is approx the same).

lytefall,

The parameters were set by engineering and there is no way of knowing why one day it comes on low the other high.

drd is correct on the temps, must be below 40°F / 4.4°C.

Year over year there are always minor changes, some noticeable, some not.

If you are concerned, I recommend getting your JC in to your dealer to make sure all is functioning the way it should.

Hope that helps.

I've also noticed its dependent on the internal temperature as well. For example yesteday when I started for the first time around 1°C came on High, however ten minutes later after shutting off the engine and coming back to it it started on Low, but then again today when the interior was cold it started on High again. Not sure what the exact temperatures are but I'm happy with how it was designed and working.

I wouldn't mind the way it's programmed so much but maybe with better parameters. It's not uncommon to get snow here around 4C, so auto heated seats on low (especially when they are leather) when your car has snow on it just doesn't cut it

Based on what I've experienced it will start on high at 4C IF the internal temp is cold (or I assume near outside temp).

I've remote started at 4C after being parked for 30-40 minutes and the seats were on high when I got in.

Based on what I've experienced it will start on high at 4C IF the internal temp is cold (or I assume near outside temp).

I've remote started at 4C after being parked for 30-40 minutes and the seats were on high when I got in.

Good to know. I am going to have to take mine in and have it looked at. I don't know what the inside temp was exactly this morning but the outside temp registered -3C and the seats only came on low.