09 Journey SXT REN uConnect help???

Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of a second hand 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. Currently I am trying to install some factory options so I can bring this Journey up to the level my 2008 Dodge Caliber was at before I turned in the lease on it. Two of the hot buttons that was a must for me was the Sirius Satellite Radio, as well as the uConnect system. Luckily enough, I was able to get a complete factory uConnect system, Sirius antenna (factory built in antenna), as well as a smoking deal on the REN non-nav touchscreen radio.

I have installed and tested the REN radio that came out of a 2009 Dodge Journey R/T that was at a local autowreckers and all functions worked perfectly when tested alone. When trying to attach the uConnect system that came out of the same 2009 Dodge Journey R/T, the REN radio would not recognize it. Now based upon my knowledge of the Dodge Caliber electrical system, I assumed that the uConnect system would work seamlessly when attached to it and wired in the exact way it came out of the other Journey.

Now I am stuck with an REN radio that has built in uConnect buttons, the matching uConnect module, and the mirror with the mic in it that will not work entirely in my Journey. Would this be something that I will have to take to the dealer to program in the sales code for uConnect in order to gain it's functionality? Or is there a way around it like in my old Dodge Caliber that I used to have?

Now just to veryfy too, I did end up taking the same REN radio I was testing in my Journey and installed it into my 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T, which has a functional uConnect system in it. When I plugged everything in, the uConnect would not work on it either. Now would this be the same thing where I need to re-enter the sales code into the car, or would I have to program the radio to either my Journey or Nitro? Just in case you are wondering, the Nitro has a REQ 6 Disc DVD with Sirius and uConnect, the Journey has the REQ 6 Disc DVD without Sirius and without uConnect, but has the buttons for uConnect installed.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

I had an 09 R/T that I bought new. Both the dealer and I thought the REN radio had UConnect built in because the buttons were there, but it did not. They added the UConnect module and an external mic (the car did not have the built in mic in the mirror) and had to program the computer. I would think that if you have the REN radio, UConnect module, and a mic installed in your DJ, all the dealer would have to do is program the car to recognize it. What that would cost is how well you get along with your dealer. Only takes a couple of mins to do.

Well, I gave it another try over the weekend and had it all connected (again). This time when hooking it up, it started screwing up the system. My dashboard kept resetting every few seconds while it was running (kept doing the boot up procedure) and then go normal). So I think I'm gonna give up on it for now and take it back. However I will most likely go to the dealer and buy the aftermarket version of the uConnect and get it installed and programmed. Now that I've had the uConnect, can't live without it but I guess I will for now. On the plus side, at least I have a functional REN Radio with satellite radio :)

• Official Dodge Support

Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of a second hand 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. Currently I am trying to install some factory options so I can bring this Journey up to the level my 2008 Dodge Caliber was at before I turned in the lease on it. Two of the hot buttons that was a must for me was the Sirius Satellite Radio, as well as the uConnect system. Luckily enough, I was able to get a complete factory uConnect system, Sirius antenna (factory built in antenna), as well as a smoking deal on the REN non-nav touchscreen radio.

I have installed and tested the REN radio that came out of a 2009 Dodge Journey R/T that was at a local autowreckers and all functions worked perfectly when tested alone. When trying to attach the uConnect system that came out of the same 2009 Dodge Journey R/T, the REN radio would not recognize it. Now based upon my knowledge of the Dodge Caliber electrical system, I assumed that the uConnect system would work seamlessly when attached to it and wired in the exact way it came out of the other Journey.

Now I am stuck with an REN radio that has built in uConnect buttons, the matching uConnect module, and the mirror with the mic in it that will not work entirely in my Journey. Would this be something that I will have to take to the dealer to program in the sales code for uConnect in order to gain it's functionality? Or is there a way around it like in my old Dodge Caliber that I used to have?

Now just to veryfy too, I did end up taking the same REN radio I was testing in my Journey and installed it into my 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T, which has a functional uConnect system in it. When I plugged everything in, the uConnect would not work on it either. Now would this be the same thing where I need to re-enter the sales code into the car, or would I have to program the radio to either my Journey or Nitro? Just in case you are wondering, the Nitro has a REQ 6 Disc DVD with Sirius and uConnect, the Journey has the REQ 6 Disc DVD without Sirius and without uConnect, but has the buttons for uConnect installed.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

tmx,

My only recommendation would be to get your JC into your local Dodge dealer where they can help you get this sorted out and installed.

The link below is the accessory link for your DJ.

In the audio/video section, you'll find two different UConnect install kits just to make sure you have the right one for you model year.

http://mopar.acc-acc...&vehid=155|1378

Hope this helps.