Marketplace Lemon Law Episode

doubleO7

This is probably meant more for the Canadian Dodge Journey members as Marketplace is a program here in Canada that looks at different issues concerning consumers. However, American members of the forum who live in the border states and have access to the CBC television channel may want to watch.

I watched Marketplace on CBC last night and the preview for next weeks subject is "Lemon Laws-should the Canadian Gov't force manufacturers to buy back vehicles that have chronic problems". What really peaked my interest was the vehicles that were in the background were Dodge Products. It appears in one of the clips, there was a vehicle with its hood up and it appeared to be a Journey.

I'm sure they will have examples of other manufactures who have the occassional lemon. However, since they showed Mopar products only in the preview, I wonder if the topic was suggested to Marketplace by a disgruntled Dodge Journey owner, so they will be focusing(bashing) solely on MOPAR products? Should be an interesting watch.

Looks to be a problem with at least one White Journey. 2011 or 2012 model based on the front grille and interior dash. She has the 4.3 screen, older front fascia design, 2.4L engine, and do not have the LED tail lights or roof rack. I'll lean towards it being a 2011, possible CVP model, considering what parts of the vehicle I did see in the preview and that the host appeared to be walking by a used car lot filled with Dodge products, but it could still be a 2012. Oh well, we'll find out next week. Should be interesting.

My only concern is that our resale values are already not very good, and this could make it even worse.

Also, I think the guy in the blue cap stole my DVD shelf :glare:

Sad to see it was focused mostly on a Journey, but in all fairness it seems she did have a lemon. I don't know Marketplace was showing footage of two different white Journeys though, one was a CVP with the 16 inch wheels and over 7000 km, the other with less than 200 km and the 19 inch wheels.

Glad to see the dealer finally resolved her issue, but only after being embarrassed enough by knowing it was going to air on CBC. Just wonder who ended up getting the recycled lemon, they won't be happy if they catch that episode of Marketplace.

I would assume it focused on the Journey because the people who owned it, probably contacted Marketplace about their problem, which then created the article on Lemon Law legistation and why we don't have it.

At the beginning when they were showing the "roulette wheel", and clips of people mentioning their problems, there were different makes shown. I noticed Hyundai, Toyota, Honda emblems on the steering wheels, so lemons show up with all different manufacturers.

It would be nice to have Lemon laws like California. But it doesn't seem our government officials (both Provincal and Federal) have the guts to enact a very important part of consumer legislation.

I would assume it focused on the Journey because the people who owned it, probably contacted Marketplace about their problem, which then created the article on Lemon Law legistation and why we don't have it.

At the beginning when they were showing the "roulette wheel", and clips of people mentioning their problems, there were different makes shown. I noticed Hyundai, Toyota, Honda emblems on the steering wheels, so lemons show up with all different manufacturers.

It would be nice to have Lemon laws like California. But it doesn't seem our government officials (both Provincal and Federal) have the guts to enact a very important part of consumer legislation.

Doesn't explain why they were showing two clearly distinctive white Journeys when the story was primarily about the one particularly owned white lemon. It seemed a little tricky on behalf of Marketplace, they could've just drove a secondary Journey of a different color. Or are they trying to say the only Journey lemons are white? :)

I noticed a few Jeeps and a Ford as well. Overall, it it seemed to show more Chrysler products than others. Maybe someone in there video editing department is a little biased. :)

I agree, Canada really needs a good lemon law.

Great...the my DJ is White...a little nervous....Here's hoping that 2013 will have less lemons, perhaps?

Fingers crossed for me.

Statistically you should be ok, but its always a possibility with anything you buy.

I also don't believe the color has anything to do with a lemon, just the the luck (or unluck) of the draw :)