A/C "Whistle" Noise (2012 SXT)

mortalalliance

Not really a drastic problem or even much of a concern. I'm mostly interested if anyone else has experienced this problem or if it's something I should be concerned with. My Journey (2012 SXT) A/C will sometimes make a whistle noise when blowing out air. At low-medium A/C levels, the noise is barely audible and easy to ignore. However when cranking the A/C up to High the whistle volume increases and becomes a nuisance. I did a brief visual inspection of the vents and there's nothing clearly obstructing any of them, so I'm not entirely sure what would be making this whistle noise. Also, as I said before this only happens sometimes and I'm not entirely sure what the variable is that is making it whistle. More often than not, however, the A/C operates normally.

I've have a whistle from my 09 ac that just started. Mine is a little different though, as it whistles on start-up until the ac "speeds up", then is gone. Never had it before this summer. Haven't seen any problems with the ac so haven't been worried about it.

Happens on my 2012 Crew all the time. Whistle gets louder as the air fan blows faster. Happens maybe half the time. It's annoying, but I wouldn't bother taking it to the dealer or anything.

What's a bigger problem for me is when I use the remote start, the A/C will not blow nearly as hard (maybe 3/4 of usual fan speed/power). It will be like that for the entire time until you shut it down then restart the engine (without the remote). Then it's back to full blast air. What would cause this? Does the remote start mess with the climate control system or something?

• 4 weeks later...

I've just noticed the same problem with my '12 R/T - the system "whistles" if its on and say the moonroof is open to VENT ... or I have a window down - doesnt matter if its on vents or defogging the windshield.

Not really a horrible bother but kind of annoying for a brand new "truck" as I call it .... its going to the dealer this friday for some issues so I'll have to remember to mention it.