Improved Garmin System for 2013

Well, I just hope I don't have to travel to Germany to get my radio updated (if, as you say, the update really fixes all problems).

Do you know the details of the update (i.e. do they have some reference number like the TSBs posted by DodgeCares)?

I could try to send them to the clowns in customer service to see if they react differently this time (which I doubt).

Chrysler came out with a new update 4 weeks ago. Believe or not, all Problems are fixed!

Fiat called all Freemonts with 4,3" in Germany to the Dealers and did the update.

I'm sorry to say that it doesn't solve all the problems. As I already said in this thread

Update done. They also flashed the hands-free and the abs modules.

It's too early to say if it solved the problem of the radio not starting, the clock going too fast or the mp3 skipping, but at first sight everything else hasn't improved:

• When playing an mp3 from the CD it doesn't show the artist name (this feature was broken with the first update, it worked when the car was new).
  • Some mp3s display a bogus duration (either too long or too short, the duration shown changes randomly when switching sources).
  • Only the first 3-4 character of station names are shown.

I'm not impressed.

• 1 month later...