Back up camera + navigation

ts1608

Hey people good morning,

I am looking around to see if there is a way to do back up camera and navigation on my 2012 Journey with 4.3" screen and my wifes 8.4" screen? I do not want anything like external monitor. I want to have everything just like factory.

Do you guys recommend anything or any shop that I can go and check this options?

Thanks

Yesterday I called Lockpick and NAV-TV to compare to kits that they have.

Lockpick I couldn't talk to anyone over there. Seems like they do not have sales or tech support. The solution is much cheaper than the NAV-TV, but I can't talk to them. So now I am afraid to order something online and then later on if I have problem I won't be able to solve my problems or even return it.

NAV-TV gave me so many information about the UCI that I was impressed.The customer service is really good. The UCI interface works in any vehicle with UCONNECT with 4.3" or 8.4" screen. They can do back up camera, navigation on the 4.3" and on th 8.4" they can back up camera, navigation and video in motion. For navigation they use Garmin, which is the same used from Chrysler factory. Everything will work using the touch screen from factory. That is really nice solution and that was the thing that I was looking for.

They also have a nice backup camera which I think is the OEM or look just like OEM for Journey. I bought that kit for my both cars. I spent a little on those pieces, but they said if something does not work as I expected I can return I and get my money back.

Lets see... I will instal the kit next week, it is all plug and play, and I will post how was everything and how this thing works, just in case there is anybody looking for the same solution!!!

Ok so what's the price ..I know each piece adds to the cost but break it down for us .be there new salesman...lol.

Hey Elliottf4i,

I am not sure about the prices. If I am not mistaking just for back up camera you are looking something around $700 + camera.

If you are looking for a complete solution for the 8.4" screen with back up camera + factory fit camera + navigation + video in motion, I paid $1799 with the 10% discount because I said I found them using the Dodge forum. Everything will work from the factory touch screen. Next week I will install and I'll let you guys know!!!!

Give them a call. They will give more info than I can give to you. Ask for Frank and he will explain the options!!!!

Ok so how do I go about talking to frank . Website -company name - phone number. I've done car audio for the better half of 16 years so this shouldn't be a problem to install ..just finding the equipment is.

Hey Elliotf4i,

Go to www.navtv.com you can find the phonbe # right there... You can find all the info on the company part...

By the way I installed my pieces and everything work perfect. I forgot to do videos, but I am pretty sure the guys who installed did some. He said the installation was not that difficult, the worst part was to run the back up camera cable from the rear of the car all the way to the front on the back of the radio. Other than that was all plug and play install. He charged me for for 3 hours labor. I will see if I can get some video or pictures to post here.

thanks

• 4 months later...