Seeking for feedback/help

Hi -

I was seeking for suv/car lately and found 2009 Dodge Journey. I never heard of that suv til today and I went to car dealership (After closed, I don't like being interrupted by dealers) I looked around and totally love it. I came home and researched. Now I am so afraid to buy it after read so many complaints.

Here is this one http://www.lancaster...c474726c9ea.htm

I understand this year is 2012, is it possible they recalled most parts in this 2009 Dodge Journey already? I saw "Dodge Certified Pre-Owner" sticker on the window. How guarantee is this suv will be no problem when they already inspected all.

I plan to buy cash for this, but now I am on the between no/yes. My wife loves it.

What's your thoughts? I did read all posts, but thought to posted mine here to discuss about this suv I just linked. Thanks!

P.S. Please don't "hilter" on my grammar. My English is not my primary language. (I am deaf)

The 2009 Journey from what I have seen are the most problematic ones since they are the first generation vehicle.My advice to you is to try and purchase 2012 Journey which has more power and better stiling all around.

In the long run you will save in money and in headaches.

Just checked out the link you provided and it seems lik good deal but I would not buy it if it was me.The breaks are crap on this cars and the one on the link has close to 80 000 on the odometer as well.Just use that money as a down payment on a new Journey and you wont regret it trust me.

Edited by silentdan

If you do decide to go for the 2009 (and it really is Certified Pre-Owned - get it in writing), I'd suggest buying the Chrysler extended service plan for it. If the car is CPO, you should be able to purchase one from the dealer. (Make sure that it is a CHRYSLER plan though, and not some third party one.) I would get the Added Care Plus at the very minimum as this covers most major parts. The Maximum Care one covers just about anything that can go wrong with it mechanically, but it's very pricy.

I love the green -- I wish that they still offered that color (it was only available in '09). Good luck!

The car dealer gave me the carfax report and it showed nothing for recall or accident, etc like serious. Most of them were changed oils, checked up on electrical and passed, that's it. It sounds soooo good, but I am concern about what happens after 75,000 miles.

I would love to get 2012, but I look for SUV to paid off then I don't worry about payments while I go school for computer science.

Thanks Symbasys = that's great information. I will look at it when I see him again this Monday with my dad for his second opinions. Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Avoid the 11? Why? My 2011 Crew has been fantastic.

The early pentastar 3.6s had a hidden problem. Multiple miss firing issue. Cause the car to go into limp mode. I know 3 people with those early 3.6 equipped caravans. We've all had our engines taken apart.

Mine didn't go into limp mode, couldn't find idle on random days.

It's not s caravan issue. It's a pentastar issue. Tons of Grand Cherokees had that issue.

I say avoid cause its a Chrysler known issue, but most dealers are stomped by it. Don't know what to do and you'll end up with the usual "could not duplicate problem, car operational"

Those become pissed off owners and will trade out.

My grand caravan had 7 dealer visits b4 it was finally fixed. Multiple dealers involved.

I was out of a car for a combined 1.5 months. About.

Don't get me wrong. I love my GC, but it gave me a good 6 month headache.