Journey SRT 6

redtomatoman

As much as I'd love to see one, and would trade up in a heartbeat, I don't believe this to be verified. First tip-off "Dodge Durango dies"...are you kidding? Sales are robust because it's one of the few american market hold-outs for an 8-cyl truck-based SUV. Ford wimped out the Explorer and GM, not even sure what they have since models have been plain cancelled.

There are several chinese sites on the web, exactly like this one, that compile factless and incorrect information. They are BS and only there to peddle advertizing. Read some of the wording on link articles and you'll quickly see...

Edited by Geer

I found the same information on a more reputable website, however I still have my doubts. According to Allpar, the current Journey platform is supposed to be cancelled within the next couple years as Chrysler retools for all new platforms. Nonetheless, plans can change - Journey sales are very strong, especially in Canada and given the rebound the company is still in, I don't think they will want to fix what isn't broken.

I also found this:

http://www.torquenews.com/106/high-performance-dodge-journey-srt6-works-perhaps-twin-turbo-power

I think a Journey SRT 6 is a real possibility. As Journey owners, we know it drives well. We all love how the Journey drives with 283hp, and it would drive just as well with 400+hp. I think the SRT Journey fills a void that the Magnum left behind. Besides these SRT engineers love to design new stuff. The magnum is just another hemi V8. The 6 is something almost new, only tried in the Chrysler Crossfire. Twin turbos, AWD, and the element of surprise. I think all the mopar purists will be outraged. It'll be great!!! Especially when a Journey drops their V6 Challenger like its in reverse. . .

Peace.

This has been discussed at length on Allpar and several Chrysler insiders have dismissed these as unfounded rumors. There is no SRT Journey in the pipeline at all. Why would they on a vehicle that is slated to be completely redesigned and replaced on a new platform by 2014/2015? The next SRT will be the Dart SRT4 - which is still probably a year away.

The Durango going away is true - Sergio Marchionne stated as such in a recent speech where he spoke about future product plans. It still has several years left on its current form, but it will not be redesigned and continued on after this model has run its course. I believe sales have not met expectations combined with the plans to introduce a Jeep SUV called the Grand Wagoneer which will be larger than the Grand Cherokee.

Edited by Powdered Toast Man

This has been discussed at length on Allpar and several Chrysler insiders have dismissed these as unfounded rumors. There is no SRT Journey in the pipeline at all. Why would they on a vehicle that is slated to be completely redesigned and replaced on a new platform by 2014/2015?

Time will tell. Maybe the unfounded Chrysler insiders have dismissed the real discussions? I've got no idea if there will be a Journey SRT or not, but it certainly sounds cool to me. If there is one, it makes sense to be introduced with the new platform. It is only the engine we are talking about here. It's not like the Journey is going to remain the same forever. It's also not like the retooled Journey has to be all SRT or nothing. Anyway, I'd trade up. Just to outrage the mopar purists. :stirpot:

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Peace.