DASH LIGHTS GO OUT WHEN I TURN WIPERS ON

tulipwhh

2012 dodge journey SXT,just 359 mile, i got it in this May, today it's raining ,i went out and found

1、DASH LIGHTS GO OUT WHEN I TURN WIPERS ON AND OFF BUT THEY COME BACK ON; it was first time i drove my car in rainning day and found this problem.

2、after that, i found brightness of dash light is not as bright as before, looks dark! what wrong with this brandnew car?

Not sure exactly what is going on. The dash lights should never go completely dark, I don't think. The first thing I would do is check Uconnect settings to see if you have the option of headlights with wipers enabled. If so, when you turn on your wipers, your headlights also come on and dim your dash lights and touch screen. Also, the dimmer switch on the bottom left controls the dash light level. Make sure its in the first notch from the top otherwise your dash will stay bright all the time. Annoying at night. When in the first notch, turning on your headlights will dim dash for night time comfort.

Peace.

more->settings->lights

It should be listed in there. I forget the exact wording, but look for something with wipers and lights. I also unchecked that option as I didn't like everything dimming when I turned on my wipers.

Good luck.

I have a 2010 and on several occasions the radio,turn signals and everything else inside have turned of while in motion.Had to stop turn the car off and then restart to get everything back,very frustrating.

sounds like a different issue. if it keeps happening sounds like an electrical or computer issue for the dealer. good luck.

Peace.