iphone application sound

I just got my 2012 Journey SXT AWD a few days ago and am having difficulty getting my iphone to stream audio to the radio. My Journey does not have the bluetooth feature. I can plug in my iphone into the usb plug in the center armrest console. The 4.3s uconnect touch radio recognizes the iphone, lets me control the phone and displays what audio should be streaming. No sound comes through the speakers. I am trying to do this with audio streaming applications like pandora and iheartradio if that makes a difference.

Does someone know if I need a special cable other that just a plain iphone/ipod cable from apple?

The Standard cable should be all you need, but I didn't think you could stream services from the device, only music files (mp3, acc,etc). Does that portion work? Unfortunately I only have a regular nano so I can't say anything about app streaming, but you really should only need the cable that came with your phone.

cheers!

Steph S.

I just got my 2012 Journey SXT AWD a few days ago and am having difficulty getting my iphone to stream audio to the radio. My Journey does not have the bluetooth feature. I can plug in my iphone into the usb plug in the center armrest console. The 4.3s uconnect touch radio recognizes the iphone, lets me control the phone and displays what audio should be streaming. No sound comes through the speakers. I am trying to do this with audio streaming applications like pandora and iheartradio if that makes a difference.

Does someone know if I need a special cable other that just a plain iphone/ipod cable from apple?

Are you able to stream audio from the songs on your iPhone? If that works, then the issue is likely with Pandora or iheartradio not allowing to stream through the dock connector? Maybe they only play through the headphone port?