Want to see what happens when PTU gets run empty?

This was an 09 or 10 we just did at work. 95k on it They had oil changes at a quick lube joint, and they never mentioned the leak at the tcase. It ran low and BOOM. They only hold .8 of a L The pic of the vent is the old style, now updated to long rubber one, that is looped up into engine bay. Old style can draw in water under certain conditions, heavy rain, etc. I would VERY STRONGLY rec you change the fluid every 40k Klms as these are hard on tcases . Click on the link

http://good-times.we...host=good-times

Edited by Moparman

Its just a spot i loaded a few pics, ignore the volvo one. No they all have 5/100 PT warr. unless you buy a goldplan. Manual says to change at like 110k if I remember right. I'm going to keep an eye on the condition of mine, first time will prob get changed at 20k or so. Always gets dark first time quick due to wear in.

Wow ....The seal may have been leaking abit causing the failure............You will not have much time if the seal is bad with only .8 L in there.......About the new style vent, did Dodge change anything, or just a upgrade when doing the work?(Journey years 2009-2012)

..........Caper..............

• 1 year later...

I OWN A 2009 JOURNEY AWD AND RECENTLY HAD DEALER REPLACE THE PTU WHICH TOOK SERVERAL DAYS. NOT SURE IF THE DEALER CHECKED ANY OF THE OTHER FLUIDS, BUT NOW THIS MORNING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AGAIN. IT FIRST CAME ON ABOUT A WEEK AGO BUT HAD TURNED OFF AND STAYED OFF, NOW TODAY THE LIGHT STARTS BLINKING ON AND OFF SO I PULL OVER AND THE LIGHT TURNS OFF. HAD TO DROP OFF AT DEALER THIS MORNING BECAUSE THE LIGHT CAME BACK ON AND THE CAR STARTED TO SHAKE AS IF THE ENGINE WAS GOING TO DIE. I'M CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT THE DEALER HAS TO SAY AFTER CHECKING IT OUT.

• Official Dodge Support
I OWN A 2009 JOURNEY AWD AND RECENTLY HAD DEALER REPLACE THE PTU WHICH TOOK SERVERAL DAYS. NOT SURE IF THE DEALER CHECKED ANY OF THE OTHER FLUIDS, BUT NOW THIS MORNING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AGAIN. IT FIRST CAME ON ABOUT A WEEK AGO BUT HAD TURNED OFF AND STAYED OFF, NOW TODAY THE LIGHT STARTS BLINKING ON AND OFF SO I PULL OVER AND THE LIGHT TURNS OFF. HAD TO DROP OFF AT DEALER THIS MORNING BECAUSE THE LIGHT CAME BACK ON AND THE CAR STARTED TO SHAKE AS IF THE ENGINE WAS GOING TO DIE. I'M CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT THE DEALER HAS TO SAY AFTER CHECKING IT OUT.

Please post up what the dealership finds.Welcome to the forum.