Firmware upgrade 8.4N

Wow, your 2012 is already saying your map is out of date? I didn't get that message until I had my 2011 for almost a year. I did buy the map update from www.garmin.com/chrysler. Not cheap and not something I would do every year.

I don't think there are any firmware updates available for the 2012 8.4N. There was a firmware update released for 2011 models that added iPod playlist support but I'm assuming your firmware would already include that update.

The upgrade here in NA comes on a DVD. I wrote about it a while back in a thread I started about my map being out of date.

It seems bizarre to me that the Journey in South Africa would have a totally different way of handling map updates? DodgeCares, any info you can provide here?

If you upgrade here in NA how is the upgrade delivered CD or SD card?

My vehicle is a 2010 and it uses a Navteq system, I have upgraded twice since buying it and both times the upgrade was shipped on a cd/dvd. When I talked to a Navteq Customer Service represenitive, he told me in his opinion every other upgrade is really all you need. His words not mine!

Terry