Ipod Audiobooks Starting At Beginning

Hi everyone

Just received my new Journey R/T. Beautiful, am loving it.

Problem i have is i have the 8.4 screen with navigation and when i plug my ipod into the usb in the armrest it works well.

However when i try and listen to my audio books, every-time i turn the car off the audio book starts from the beginning..........................very frustrating as the search chapter function is also tedious as it will only move forward 20sec at a time.

Where do i see the firmware of my system and is there a fix for this problem

This new motor is streets ahead of my old 2009 journey R/T

Thanks

Kienah

Hi thanks for answering, they show up as audiobooks, damn frustrating.

Actually quite ridiculous i am also getting a Disc Error and i havent even tried to put a disc in. when i did put disc in it just refuses to grab it and take it in.then the message disc error comes up, but twice, almost like on top of each other.

I know the system doesn't start podcasts over, so it's obvioulsy cabable of making that decision based on the content type. Seems silly that they didn't do the same for audiobooks. It doesn't start over if you use an SD card or bluetooth streaming. One of those methods may be your only option unless Chrysler issues an update. I did hear from Chris (DodgeCares) that an update for the DJ Uconnect system is expected at the end of this month. He wasn't sure what specifidally will be addressed in the update though.