2013 dodge journey

smooth2222

The rumour I have heard is that the exterior sheet metal may change for 2013, but can't find anything that confirms that. I wouldn't think that the interior would change much as it was refreshed in 2011.

I was at the auto show in 2011 and filled out a survey as to what I would like to see in the Journey, and I said a heated steering wheel, so it would be interesting to see if that sees that light of day. As a heated steering wheel was available on the 2011 Grand Caravan, it didn make sense to me that it wasn't available on the Journey. In my request I thought it made more sense to over it as an option on the Journey as the Journey would probably be the choice of outdoor enthusiats, who like winter sports. Unfortunately it didn't make it as an option on the 2012.

Edited by doubleO7

The rumour I have heard is that the exterior sheet metal may change for 2013, but can't find anything that confirms that. I wouldn't think that the interior would change much as it was refreshed in 2011.

I was at the auto show in 2011 and filled out a survey as to what I would like to see in the Journey, and I said a heated steering wheel, so it would be interesting to see if that sees that light of day. As a heated steering wheel was available on the 2011 Grand Caravan, it didn make sense to me that it wasn't available on the Journey. In my request I thought it made more sense to over it as an option on the Journey as the Journey would probably be the choice of outdoor enthusiats, who like winter sports. Unfortunately it didn't make it as an option on the 2012.

As far as I've heard, there's no change to the sheet metal scheduled again for this current generation of Journey. Current model is scheduled to run until 2014 or so. Not sure if that means the replacement will come for the 2014 MY or 2015. There has been talk of the Grand Caravan going away in its minivan form and being replaced by a CUV style people mover, which would probably combine with Journey. Although, it appears that Sergio says a lot of things that may or may not be concrete.

Some of this is no longer accurate (Avenger is being dropped entirely), but still a good indication of what's to come.

AB_Product_Plan.jpg

Since this came out, we now know that Nitro is dropped, the compact sedan is Dart, the Fullsize CUV is Durango, and the Viper is back. Also, the B segment small car is still up in the air.

Edited by Powdered Toast Man