I'm a little embarrassed, I remember seeing a thread where one of the posters showed the different build codes. I have gone through the different threads but can't find that posting.

Does anyone remember which thread that was posted in? I also remember it went to great detail, and the poster said, "if you want to impress your salesmen, print this out"

When I was at the dealer yesterday, I enquired about the build status and the salesmen went to the person that tracks orders and all he could get out of him, that is was in "D" status. I thought when it was in "D" status that a VIN was issued, but my salesmen said non had been issued yet?

Thanks

DoubleO7

I finally found the Build Code status that I was looking for I guess I should have named the thread "Order Status Codes". The topic was in this thread, under "order status". The original post was back in 2008, thats why it was hard to find.

Not sure if the build status codes are still the same, but can't see why not.

So if you have vehicle on order and can get your salesperson to get the VIN, it would be interesting to track. I talked to my saleperson and apparently I have been in D status for two or three weeks, but no VIN assigned yet. Once the VIN is assigned, my salesperson will inform me. When I get that I may be asking for some help on how to start the tracking. Its been 9 long weeks.

Double 07

Just keep bugging the salesperson. As a Canadian that is your only way to track it. They will be able to tell you a VIN. They will be able to tell you the scheduled build date. When it was built. That it was shipped.

After that they can't really get any information other than the ETA.

VOTS only works for US orders. Forget about Chrysler Canada Customer Service they can't tell you anything. Just the dealer.

Once the car is built and at the dealer. You can see the service manager and they can print the build codes which is a list of all the codes the factory used to build your Journey.

HI Teambedam

I was told in D1 status, that it can be up to another 60 days. I was in at the dealership on the weekend, and my salesperson said he has been told to tell anybody ordering a vehicle in Apr, that the minimum wait now is around 100 days. Since I was in on a weekend the person who tracks the orders was not in, so I will be making a visit on Friday,.as its been almost a month since it has been in D1 status.

I'm thinking that the long wait probably has a lot to do with the 8.4 inch screen shortage. Probably a lot of people were waiting for the larger screen to become available like I was before ordering.

Double07

It took mine 13 weeks. That is 91 days. So a hundred seems reasonable.

On another forum the 8.4 inch screen appears available for order and installation from Dodge. It was in a parts magazine for April. So I doubt that is the cause.

My guess is it is high sales of the journey combined with the Fiat 500 production. They are both made at the same plant.

The wait is worth it. Hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting and getting frustrated. Talked to my salesperson and said I noticed on their website that they have some Journeys in transit. So I asked him to check with the person who does the ordering and tracking to see if mine may be coming in the same shipment. Have been waiting 12 weeks now.

I 'm not impressed with the person in charge of ordering tracking, all I get is its coming next month (May). Duh! Well I was aware of that, the vehicles that are in transit on the 28th of Aprilt aren't going to arrive until May. He never gives me what the status code is.

i've got a buyer for my 2001 Grand Caravan, and he would like to get it, but I can't let it go until the Journey arrives.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got word from my salesperson as to when my vehicle will arrive. This is the 105 day mark since I ordered, and the vehicle is leaving the plant in Mexico today. I guess mine was one of those orders that sat in D1 status for some time. The Journey will be at the dealership on the 12th of June, a full 130 days after ordering.

At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel and its my Journey. Hooray!!!!!

I am glad to see it is finally on its way.

I remember the wait I had. It nearly killed me.

Anyway I assure you it is worth the wait. Took my to Disney World. Handled great. Good milage. No complaints at all.

I have seen one other journey down here and it was from Ontario. Too funny. Just not very many here.