Navigation Display Settings

When I go in to Settings/Display the display mode is set to auto, however at night the screen does not change from the daytime setting. I have to go in and manualy change from auto to night in order to change the display settings to not be too bright.

Anyone else have this or similiar issue? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciate before I have to deal with the dealership.

Thanks!

My guess, you have the instrument panel dimmer switch on the first detent, which is max brightness of the display all the time, even with the lights on. If you move off the first detent, to where you can adjust the brightness manually and just leave it at the top, right before you click into the first detent, that might be your issue?

• 2 years later...

I set my daytime to 10, my night time to 7. I do not use the AUTO setting because I can't figure out how it works. I think I have tried every combination but I can not get the display to go to 7 when I turn on my lights. So at dusk, when I turn on my lights and it becomes dark enough to dim the display, I turn the dimmer rotating knob down one notch. Display goes to 7. I always keep the rotating knob one detent below where it turns on the interior lights.

By doing this, say in rain, when lights may be called for, the display does not go to 7. It stays bright @10 with the lights on.

The auto setting is what turns it to 7 when the lights come on.

Right now you have it set to stay on 10 all the time.

My screen does not dim when I turn on my lights, even if I put it in the Auto mode. I have to rotate the interior light rotating knob to the right of the light switch down one notch to get the screen to display at 7.

I have it set: headlights off: 7; headlights on: 10 When I put it on Auto, the screen never changes by itself

As I said, I can not figure out how to make it work in Auto.

Edited by dhh3

I don't remember exactly, so I hope this is right. The left dimmer switch dims the interior lights. The right one, closest to steering wheel, is for the cup holders and door lights. On the left dimmer switch, there are two detents; one all the way at the top and one just below. At the top all interior lights are on all the time, including the headliner lights. The next detent does not engage the headliner lights, but keeps the display ( speedo and screen) bright all the time. Below this detent is the rheostat portion of the switch. When the switch is set into this rheostat section, then the uconnect brightness selections with headlights on and off are active. With the headlights on the speedo and screen will revert to your uconnect selections. I keep mine at 10 with Head lights off (daytime) and 5 with headlights on (nighttime). I think this is right and I hope it is helpful.

Peace.

My screen does not dim when I turn on my lights, even if I put it in the Auto mode. I have to rotate the interior light rotating knob to the right of the light switch down one notch to get the screen to display at 7.

I have it set: headlights off: 7; headlights on: 10 When I put it on Auto, the screen never changes by itself

As I said, I can not figure out how to make it work in Auto.

Set your switch into the rhestat section right below the first detent and set your headlights to Auto. During the day uconnect will keep your displays at 10 and at night uconnect will change your display to 7 when the headlights turn on automatically.

Peace.

I'm not sure if I can make this any clearer.

1. I do not have Auto Head Lights.

2. On Display Settings, With Headlights = 7; Without Headlights = 10.

3. No matter how I change the Display Settings, the Screen will NOT dim automatically. I have to do it manually with the interior rotator switch.

4. I have only 1 dimmer switch.

What you said was right, because that is the way I am doing it. I traded a Nitro for the DJ. It had an RBZ mygig, and I had the same issue. There was no rotator for the interior lights. The lights were on the signal light stalk. The RBZ also had an AUTO setting, but I could never get it to work either. I actually had to dim it on the screen; change from With Headlights to Without Headlights. No one on the Nitro forum knew how to do it. There was no mention of it it the manual of either the Nitro or the DJ. I did get a disc with the DJ but the CD player didn't like it, so I will never know if the instructions were on the disc. When I told my salesman about the disc, he told me to down load the manual because it was the same as the disc. I felt like telling him to go (well I can't say that here). No mention of it on the download either.

I still find myself turning on the wipers when I actually want the lights! Old habits................

Edited by dhh3