Uconnect 4.3 (but not only) many many unsolved problems

Took the Journey into the dealer service department on Friday and didn't get the result I was looking for. I explained the intermittent sound drop-out to the technician and 2.5 hours later I returned for my "serviced" vehicle. The service report I received essentially said that they couldn't replicate the problem I described and continued (to my aggravation) to explain how SiriusXM radio works and that audio drop outs are normal when under bridges and metallic structures, as if I'm a moron. At this point I requested to speak with the service manager who (after I offered to take him out to my vehicle to "replicate the problem for him") admitted that another customer was experiencing the same issues and they, and Chrysler, had no idea how to fix it. Also, according to the manager, replacing the radio does not fix the issue. I plan on taking it to another dealer's service department in the area to avoid the "jackass-ery" within the next month to see if I can get them to at least take a look at it, or try to replace the radio or something. One of my top 5 reasons for getting a new vehicle was so that I could have better audo option than FM/AM radio with a blank LED display.....but at this point the audio system in my old '95 car is beating this 2012 garbage.

Any recommendations on how I should go about getting my car serviced (via the 3 year warranty) again to avoid getting some garbage default "this is how satellite radio works" explanation?

Also, if you're in the Dayton, Ohio (USA) area, don't get your vehicle serviced at Dave Dennis Chrysler Jeep Dodge, as they clearly don't give a damn about their customers.

Took the Journey into the dealer service department on Friday and didn't get the result I was looking for. I explained the intermittent sound drop-out to the technician and 2.5 hours later I returned for my "serviced" vehicle. The service report I received essentially said that they couldn't replicate the problem I described and continued (to my aggravation) to explain how SiriusXM radio works and that audio drop outs are normal when under bridges and metallic structures, as if I'm a moron. At this point I requested to speak with the service manager who (after I offered to take him out to my vehicle to "replicate the problem for him") admitted that another customer was experiencing the same issues and they, and Chrysler, had no idea how to fix it. Also, according to the manager, replacing the radio does not fix the issue. I plan on taking it to another dealer's service department in the area to avoid the "jackass-ery" within the next month to see if I can get them to at least take a look at it, or try to replace the radio or something. One of my top 5 reasons for getting a new vehicle was so that I could have better audo option than FM/AM radio with a blank LED display.....but at this point the audio system in my old '95 car is beating this 2012 garbage.

Any recommendations on how I should go about getting my car serviced (via the 3 year warranty) again to avoid getting some garbage default "this is how satellite radio works" explanation?

Also, if you're in the Dayton, Ohio (USA) area, don't get your vehicle serviced at Dave Dennis Chrysler Jeep Dodge, as they clearly don't give a damn about their customers.

You didn't say what the issue you are having is, but the word 'drop-out' may refer to momentary cuts in the sound? If so, there was a firmware release that may (or may not) help.

Check the board, find the TSB that applies to the drop out issue, print it out and head back to the dealer with the information in hand if it applies to your VIN.

I don't think that solves the problem. The TSB only mentions CD skipping, not Mp3.

Also, I don't know if they applied the same or a similar TSB here in Europe, but I had an update performed later that this TSB and still have all the problems (radio not turning on, mp3 skipping, search not working, inconsistent duration of the songs, etc.).

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I did see that TSB but skipped over it as I thought it applied to only the Journey 4.3's that were experiencing very loud music levels at ignition. I called a different Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer nearby (fortunatley I live by several) and told them about the TSB involving an update and they scheduled me in. I'll post whether or not the firmware patch fixes the problem.

I'm glad you mentioned that the problem was that the processor was getting overloaded because I was somewhat managing to get by with the audio interrupts by switching to AM/FM radio during operation. This seemed to let the processor catch up, therby lessening the severity of the audio interrupts. Not a great fix by any means but something to help in the meantime, it mostly only works when the skipping occurs during SiriusXM operation however.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: My radio has been fixed by the software update associated with the TSB linked above. There are no longer brief, intermittent audio dropouts. I did have to take my vehicle in twice, since the first time they did not have the software on hand, but I'm over that.

I also should note the my vehicle didn't match the "apply this update to vehicle built prior to" date on the TSB. When I took my vehicle in to the second dealer, I made sure I explained my issue and mentioned that there was a TSB that explained how to fix it.

Thanks for all of your help with getting this issue fixed guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Brought my car to dealer today . Fiat sent a huge update-pack and called me in. There was also an update for the bluetooth-hands-free-unit, but the dealer did not have the special cable. So I have to go there once again. They promised, that 4,3" radio and PDC should work well now. Oh man, this would be to nice to be true!