Anyone Dare Take their Journey R/T or SXT V6 to the Track?

lg68jcu

Hello All,

Brand new member, Mopar fan and first post! I know 99.999% of the people who buy the Journey buy this vehicle as a practical family hauler with a little spunk but there are some individuals as my myself that are looking to drive the family hauler as a sports sedan and on occasion will take it to the drag strip. I am slowly growing out of my Pontiac G8 so I am looking for a high performance crossover (Maybe the Journey R/T). So my question is what are your impressions on the performance of the V-6 and does anyone have any verified 0-60 or 1/4 mile times out of the AWD V-6? If I do switch over to this vehicle in a year or whatever I'd like to know some hard performance numbers and after market options. Is there any interest from other members to modify their air intake exhaust etc. etc. I know this sounds almost as absured as modding a mini van but when I drive I gotta have some get up and go. I am looking for a Low 15 or high 14 quarter mile crossover and want to stick with the big 3 if at all possible.

Thanks Guys and Gals!

I'll bet the Journey would be a terror for bracket or index racing. AWD for totally consistent launchs, 6 speed auto Mine did 7.0 seconds 0-60 on the weekend, so I would predict low 15s for the 1/4.

The biggest issue the 2011-12 Dodge vehicles have in terms of performance - the locked ECUs and total lack of aftermarket performance parts.

I've got my Challenger R/T for play, so I've promised myself NO modding for the Hero, but I'll bet it would be a terror at the track if you could add a turbo to that Pentastar.