Is there a way to upgrade to the Uconnect Touch 4.3 to 8.4?

hqinusa

What happened to your Factory 8.4?

.........Caper..........

The AM/FM wouldn't have sound when first started. Turn off and start right back up and radio worked. Dealer thought it was the antenna not getting powered up. They had it for two days with equipment hooked up to it to try and figure it out. Had to prove to Dodge that it was the radio before Dodge would replace it.

Your dealer may need some retraining. I was under the impression (someone can confirm or deny) that this was what the second to last firmware upgrade for the radio was addressing, the most recent one being to fix the little sound drop-outs when playing music from USB or the aux input (reminder to self, need to get my dealer to reflash the BCM . . . again).

Radio was flashed three times. Once to unlock the amp, once to fix phone screen coming up when bluetooth connected and once to fix the artwork showing up with ipod. Phone screen started showing up again,navigation quit showing up in EVIC, now AM/FM issue. Dodge was reluctant to put a new radio in, but with all the issues decided to replace the radio. BCM was also flashed for long crank times causing the check engine light to come on.

Actually, I took it in with the TSB number and said "I need this TSB done". The dealer was the one that suggested putting in a new radio. When they called Dodge to order one, Dodge wanted to test the radio first. I would have been happy with just a re-flash. I'm sure Dodge wouldn't just throw in a new radio if it wasn't needed.

Edited by 20journey11

Sure they would - they have no diagnostic skills.

One hapless member here had his engine rebuilt . . . TWICE . . . before they figured out that you don't get 7 codes from a single problem and then after changing the BCM with no improvement they started replacing wiring harnesses (I had predicted the problem would be a bad ground of connector).

I think we're about due to find out whether he managed to get Chrysler to refund his money as he was hoping they would.