Hubby used armour all

gymnastmom

I've used Armor All for many, many years with good results. Another product that receives a horrible rep is Black Magic (for the exterior) but I swear by this stuff as well. I'll let you in on a little secret though-- you shouldn't spray this stuff directly on your car!!! Except for tires-- you can spray & wipe as much as you want; it helps prevent dry-rot.

This is how I do it (and Black magic):

Grab an 8-pack of those blue & white terry cloths from Wal-Mart (or a parts store). Take one and dunk it in a bucket of clean water, then wring out thoroughly. Hold/spread it vertically and spray the Armor All directly on the cloth, mist it with about 5-6 full sprays on each side, wring it out again if you can, then proceed to wipe down. You can do half the car this way... then dunk it & repeat. (Black Magic takes maybe 5 dunks & sprays for the entire car-- 4 quarters and a roof.)

Between applications if you don't need the Armor All, you can just use a damp terry cloth followed by a Swiffer Duster. If your interior is looking really greasy right now, I'd suggest doing this to wipe away some of the grease. Like gradually, once every weekend or something. Eventually it will all come off.

Another thing I would highly recommend is window tint on all windows and a sun shade for your dash when you park outside in the daytime.

Also remember NEVER PUT ARMOR ALL ON THE STEERING WHEEL!!!

Edited by tstone

Armour All should be OK to use, just don't get it on any clear plastic or displays, touchscreens, etc. as it will make them cloudy. As noted above, you shouldn't use it on the steering wheel as it will make it very slippery!

Personally, I don't like to use Armour All because it makes everything ridiculously shiny--almost wet-looking. Some people might like that "better than new" look. I do not. YMMV.

I used the Armor All protectant wipes on my 2001 Neon and the dash started bubbling and blistering.

I now just use their cleaning wipes, but I never put the protectant stuff on. Actually, I found a great way to clean the dash and keep that factory look is just use a Swiffer wand. I use the cleaning wipes on the grimy parts that actually get touched by hands.