Check engine light

ChrisPollard

I have just had the same issue. My engine light is now on and i had an Oil change three days ago. Wondering if it could be a loose oil filter or something like that. Called dealer and they asked to give it a couple more days and call them back if it does not turn off. I also found a cover plate in the back that was just lying there. Not sure where it goes the numbers on it are 3000017lfn >tfpp< 2. Does anyone have any idea where it came from? Thanks in advance

I know talking to the guys at Parts Source in Mississauga they did confirm that they will check the codes for free so you can try them before you pay the $150.00 diagnostic fee at the dealership. Also you may want to invest in a cheap OBDII scanner on Amazon....you can pick them up for dirt cheap and still save a whack of cash in comparison to paying the diagnostic fee.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

• 1 year later...

If you haven't noticed. I am CLEARLY NOT the only bitcher and complainer on this forum. Im pissed because I dumped all of my hard earned money into a new car to AVOID the problems and now I have nothing but MORE problems and have that right to complain . I guess you get to either read my whiny posts or skip over then. Doesnt hurt me one bit buddy. have a lovely day....;P

Hi folks, just adding my two cents. I don't understand this kind of thing in forums, where a Journey owner is stating their experience and others come and dump on that person, saying they are being negative, etc. We're all adults and hey, it's great if many of you haven't had a bad experience with your Journey, but if this poster stops someone else from getting into a Journey and saves them a boatload of headache, I'd call it a job well done. Thanks KS for sharing your experience - last time I checked, this forum isn't called "lovemydodgejourneyforum", right?

Now that I have a Journey as well, I want to know the experiences all of you are having - how else will we learn how our fellow Journey owners are faring with their purchases? In fact, I kind of wish I found this forum BEFORE I got the Journey.

No offense, just my experience so far - slow and sluggish acceleration, super tremors when stopped or idle, check engine light coming on for no apparent reason, poor fuel economy - these are issues I never had with cars at almost double the mileage and years older than this 3-year old Journey...

That was From 3 years ago. And if someone comes on here and asks intelligent questions and explains things, I have no problem helping. But start saying how much of a pos your vehicle is, how you will never drive a dodge again, dodge sucks, you wasted all you money on this car, blah, blah, blah. You're not getting any help from me because you've already reached your own conclusion. So why keep bitching? Just to bitch and talk trash about dodge. I'll give it right back to those types of posters.

Edited by jkeaton