Rear DVD player in 2011-2012?

dmarzano

I have 2009 SXT with rear entertainment system. I'm looking into trading it in for a 2011 or 2012, but can't seem to find any that have a rear DVD player. Is this a special order now?

I don't think you'll fine one at a dealer that has the rear seat entertainment. It wasn't an option for 2011 and it was "late availability" for 2012 along with the 8.4 inch screen up front. From what I've heard, the 8.4 inch front screen and the 9" rear screen weren't available to build until 11/1/11, which means that they aren't going to make it dealers for a while. That's why I ended up special ordering mine with both. I'm hoping to get it by Christmas.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My dealer told me I was the first one to order a Journey with a factory DVD as they usually recommend their customers to an aftermarket setup installed at a third party shop.

I personally rather the factory setup and not having to deal with another shop if something goes wrong and/or problems with integration. Plus I really like being able to insert the DVD disc into the regular CD slot and being able to watch the movie on the 8.4 screen when parked. Not sure if an aftermarket one would have this same integration.

I've been waiting for my RT Rallye for a few weeks now and I stopped in last night and they finally had it on the lot (I'll pick it up tomorrow). Anyways, I noticed that it had the DVD system and I hadn't ordered that. I looked around some other journeys and noticed that the interior roof line was different so I was concerned about them presumably removing it before I took delivery. I asked them about it when they called today and they said they were going to surprise me with it.

So, I guess I'm getting it for "free" but I've probably already paid for it somewhere in the price. The kids will be happy anyways.

I guess I can't really complain about the missing "RT" embrodery now but that is OK.

I've been waiting for my RT Rallye for a few weeks now and I stopped in last night and they finally had it on the lot (I'll pick it up tomorrow). Anyways, I noticed that it had the DVD system and I hadn't ordered that. I looked around some other journeys and noticed that the interior roof line was different so I was concerned about them presumably removing it before I took delivery. I asked them about it when they called today and they said they were going to surprise me with it.

So, I guess I'm getting it for "free" but I've probably already paid for it somewhere in the price. The kids will be happy anyways.

I guess I can't really complain about the missing "RT" embrodery now but that is OK.

I believe the production of the 2012 Rallye ended around late March or maybe April so chances are there was one already ordered by one dealership or another that fit the minimum requirements of your order. The fact that yours has the DVD is a bonus and very lucky on your part. Congrats!