Ordered a 2012 Journey R/T; how do I track it?

I ordered a 2012 Dodge Journey R/T for my wife on 10-22-11. The dealer gave me a print out of the order, and said that I can track the build progress on a website. He's calling me to get me the details on how to do that. Does anybody here know the tracking website information (website address, what I need for the website, etc.)?

Here's what I ordered:

- 2012 Dodge Journey R/T with AWD

- Brilliant black crystal pearl coat exterior, black leather with red accent stitching interior

- Power express open / close sunroof

- Navigation and sound group 1 (with 8.4N head unit)

- Trailer tow prep group

MSRP is $34,580; thanks to my dad's employee discount and minimum of $1,000 cash back my price is $30,265 (+ tax, title, license, etc.)

It should look like this when it arrives:

69a5d35f3ac3d2dc69501fd0c99dda51x.jpg

c90dded7ddd470732a31395271a61397x.jpg

b495892cfe5b919102602fff089dcf77x.jpg

Edited by pantheman75

Nevermind; I found it HERE. My order number isn't working yet; I'm assuming it takes a few days to get into the system.

You can't actually track it with the order number. You have to wait until they assign a VIN before you can track it. I'm told that a VIN gets assigned within a couple weeks of the order. If your email address is on the order, you should receive the VIN as soon as it's assigned. If you have any questions, you can send an email to the Chrysler ordering group. I got an email back from them right away, and they've been very helpful. They were even able to make a change to my order that my dealer told me wasn't possible. Their email is voimteam@chrysler.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed on the Dodge website that they've upped the local cash back another $750... which now means I could be paying as low as $29,515 for this thing! That's a HECK of a deal considering it has AWD, 6 speed transmission, 8.4" Garmin navigation touchscreen, Infinity speakers + subwoofer, rear LED tail lamps, 19" satin carbon wheels, keyless entry / start, dual climate control, moonroof, 2500 pounds towing, etc., etc., etc. WOW!

Edited by pantheman75

Technically, the 2012 is only rated for towing 2500 pounds. They no longer differentiate between the tow prep package or not. Doesn't make much sense since its mechanically the same as the 2011, but that's the deal according to the owners manual.

From the Mopar catalog:

Hitch Receiver:

Item Number UOM Qty Your Price

82210403ab Each $282.00

Hitch Receiver - 3,500 lb/350 lb tongue, 2"" opening. Hitch Ball sold separately.

Fits: Journey

Edited by pantheman75

The 2012 Dodge Journey owners manual can be found HERE.

The chart that you're looking at on page 457 is just giving you the definitions of the towing classes. It's not implying that those are the towing capacities of the Journey. You should be looking at page 458 for the towing capacity of the Journey. The 2011 had a different chart for Journey's equipped with the tow prep package. The 2012 manual combined those into one and now lists the max towing capacity as 2500 pounds. That being said, I have no doubt that the 2012 could tow 3500 pounds since its basically the same as the 2011. However, if there was some kind of problem caused by towing over 2500 pounds, Chrysler would have an excused not to cover it under warranty.

From the Mopar catalog:

Hitch Receiver:

Item Number UOM Qty Your Price

82210403ab Each $282.00

Hitch Receiver - 3,500 lb/350 lb tongue, 2"" opening. Hitch Ball sold separately.

Fits: Journey

The hitch receiver's rating has nothing to do with the Journey's rating. I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm just telling you want the manual says. Look at page 458 of the manual.

So I can't track my car.

It doesn't show up. I sent Cust Service an email with my VIN and their response is contact your dealer...

I mean WTF Dodge is the one that controls the VINs and manufacturing process...

I had the same problem but I used the link below and was able to track mine. just replace the two <paste vin here> with your VIN number and copy the entire link in you browser. worked for me, good luck.

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=24099&INPUT_TRACEABLES=<paste vin here>&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN&dummy=<paste vin here>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got an update from my dealer. They said that the estimated shipping date is 12/16/11. I just logged into the VOTS and noticed that the car is still in the "scheduled" category. I wonder when it's going to start being built?

Based on the time it took for mine to make it through all of the stages in the VOTS system, I would say that it's going to have to enter framing soon to be shipped by 12/16.

For what it's worth, my original ship estimate was 11/25, and it ended up shipping 11/28. The latest estimate for delivery is 12/19.

• 1 month later...

I just confirmed that the website mentioned below and the voimteam email address are just for US customers and will not work for us Canadian customers.

I emailed the voimteam and they replied with a standard form letter brush off email that did not answer any of my questions. All they could suggest is that I call my dealer.

If the dealer had the info then I wouldn't have had to email them now would I?

:(

You can't actually track it with the order number. You have to wait until they assign a VIN before you can track it. I'm told that a VIN gets assigned within a couple weeks of the order. If your email address is on the order, you should receive the VIN as soon as it's assigned. If you have any questions, you can send an email to the Chrysler ordering group. I got an email back from them right away, and they've been very helpful. They were even able to make a change to my order that my dealer told me wasn't possible. Their email is voimteam@chrysler.com.