2012 CVP SE Plus

bramfrank

Interesting that the CVP SE Plus is now equipped with cross bars where the SXT doesn't mention them - rails only. Also the Crew is now an official Canadian model.

I wouldn't have minded getting those bars with my '11 - there is no real purpose to having rails without bars, except perhaps to grab on to when washing the roof.

Interesting that the CVP SE Plus is now equipped with cross bars where the SXT doesn't mention them - rails only. Also the Crew is now an official Canadian model.

I wouldn't have minded getting those bars with my '11 - there is no real purpose to having rails without bars, except perhaps to grab on to when washing the roof.

The crossbars don't come on the US models. I still have to buy them as an accessory for the 2012 Crew I ordered.

It was sold in Canada, but never appeared on the Canadian web site.

It mostly definitely was on the Canadian website. That is how I found out about the Crew model in the first place. It was removed after the Japan quake but it was definitely on the website early in the year.

• 5 months later...
ditto, and this one was built back in October '11.

Personally I am very glad that mine came with the rails, as I make use of them all the time. My racks were immediately used when I bolted them on to my cross members, for both for my 4 windsurfing boards and my 2 touring kayaks as shown in the photo.

Terry

141773108.jpg

Edited by Windancer

Well, the web site seems to be a exercise in smoke and mirrors - clearly there was on Crew on the site when I was doing my research (which was after the quake, if that's the reason they puled it) and it wasn't in the brochure the dealer haded to me nor did he offer it a an opyion - it was the SXT or the R/T if I wanted anything above the SE Plus.

And, when posted, the Crew's feature list mentioned the rails, but not the crossbars - no crossbars with the R/T Rallye either, but they go out of their way to tell you that.

I wanted the crossbars, and managed to score a brand new set of OEM bars on eBay for $60 this weekend, so I'm happy now.

• 11 months later...