Rough Idle and a couple other things

Goaltender

Just wondering, has anyone had any issues with their Pentastar 3.6L engine having a rough idle? The engine shakes quite a bit at idle in gear and in neutral and the gas milage as of yesterday was around 11.1 L/100kms. Tha seems a little off for what this new engine should be performing at. I have 2500 K on it, so far. Sounds like we may have to get the Tech Center involved..

Also noticed a squeeky left front brake.

The other annoying issue is the radio. When the Journey is started up after sitting for a while, the radio blasts really loudly.. I know when I left it, the volume was around 10-12 and when I start up, the volume blasts around 22.

If I get a chance, later on I'll check for any TSB's or Rapid Recalls on these subjects. In the mean time, just wondering if anyone has any input on these issues. Thanks.

LOL, funny because i have the SAME SAME 3 issue with mine, stereo goes loud, front left brakes makes noise and my engine idle rought.

i will be going at the dealer to have that checked out.

I am at 1800km and i already spend too much time at the dealer already.

Edited by whitesxt

LOL, funny because i have the SAME SAME 3 issue with mine, stereo goes loud, front left brakes makes noise and my engine idle rought.

i will be going at the dealer to have that checked out.

I am at 1800km and i already spend too much time at the dealer already.

I was at the dealership today having my wife's vehicles oil changed and I talked to the Service Manager about my Friday appointment. We will definately be having someone look at the engine from the Tech Center here in Windsor. The front rotors an pads will most likely be replaced and he'll have someone check on the radio issue.

I know these issues were talked about before on previous posts. I put this issue out there again to see if anyone had these same issues and any results that they may have had dealing with them.

MRLUX, thanks for the response. I did check other posts and no one really had a definate answer. Hopefully, by Friday, I'll be able to post some positive results.

Thanks all.....

Same 3 problems, took it into dealer at 3000kms, because the squeal front brake was random and they could not replicate they did not want to do anything, few words later they agreed to change the pads. They also said they updated the uconnect 4.3 for loud volume when starting, but it did it again when I was leaving the lot!

So that is still uinresolved, but from other treads on here its becoming a well know problem and will hopefully get fixed. My rough idle just started a few weeks ago, and the shifting logic seems off to me?

As for the brakes, they started squealing about a week later. I did the old trick o f bedding the pads in ( 80kms to hard stop, but not completely, repeat 3 times, then dive for 5 mins to cool them. No squeal yet after a week.

UPDATE: Went to the dealership on Friday October 7th. The radio was re flashed with the latest update and so far ( been in the Journey 3 times, since ) the volume has not blasted upon start up. The brakes squeeling will be replaced in a few weeks when the engine is being fixed for the rough idle issue. As for the rough idle issue, the Tech Centre rep was there and found that my VIN number was within a group of other VIN numbers that have a Harmonic Balancer concern. A Harmonic Balancer can also be called a Crank Pulley Damper or a Crankshaft Damper. There was a concern during production with these Harmonic Balancers and my VIN # falls within this concern. A Rapid Response was issued to these VIN #'s and are to be replaced when serviced. Now I just have to wait for the part to come in from MOPAR. Could take a few weeks.... I may get in touch with my contact at Trenton to see if we can speed this up a bit rather than waiting for the part from MOPAR. STAY TUNED !

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering, has anyone had any issues with their Pentastar 3.6L engine having a rough idle? The engine shakes quite a bit at idle in gear and in neutral and the gas milage as of yesterday was around 11.1 L/100kms. Tha seems a little off for what this new engine should be performing at. I have 2500 K on it, so far. Sounds like we may have to get the Tech Center involved..

Also noticed a squeeky left front brake.

The other annoying issue is the radio. When the Journey is started up after sitting for a while, the radio blasts really loudly.. I know when I left it, the volume was around 10-12 and when I start up, the volume blasts around 22.

If I get a chance, later on I'll check for any TSB's or Rapid Recalls on these subjects. In the mean time, just wondering if anyone has any input on these issues. Thanks.

I have the same issues around the same km's 2200 except for the brakes (thank god I hate that sound). The dealership told me they didn't notice the shaking at all and couldn't repeat the stereo problem. Of course as soon as I left the dealership the radio went crazy but gut reaction I turned it down right away so I couldn't go back and show them oh well. Our shifting problem is somewhat random but doing to take it in anyway, hopefully they can find the problem.

UPDATE: Went to the dealership on Friday October 7th. The radio was re flashed with the latest update and so far ( been in the Journey 3 times, since ) the volume has not blasted upon start up. The brakes squeeling will be replaced in a few weeks when the engine is being fixed for the rough idle issue. As for the rough idle issue, the Tech Centre rep was there and found that my VIN number was within a group of other VIN numbers that have a Harmonic Balancer concern. A Harmonic Balancer can also be called a Crank Pulley Damper or a Crankshaft Damper. There was a concern during production with these Harmonic Balancers and my VIN # falls within this concern. A Rapid Response was issued to these VIN #'s and are to be replaced when serviced. Now I just have to wait for the part to come in from MOPAR. Could take a few weeks.... I may get in touch with my contact at Trenton to see if we can speed this up a bit rather than waiting for the part from MOPAR. STAY TUNED !

Do you know if there is a way I can check my VIN? Not impressed with my service center so far and don't really trust them to go beyond what they can see right in front of them.

• Official Dodge Support

Do you know if there is a way I can check my VIN? Not impressed with my service center so far and don't really trust them to go beyond what they can see right in front of them.

Tyre,

PM me your VIN and what symptoms you are having and I will find any TSB's that may address your issues.

Tyre,

PM me your VIN and what symptoms you are having and I will find any TSB's that may address your issues.

Sorry I've been away for a while, wife in hospital. DodgeCares...thanks for helping him out with this. I had the damper replaced a couple weeks ago and it did settle the engine down a little...not as shaky as it was. I was also in contact with the Tech Centre here in Windsor and aparently, they have a couple others with similar issues. They will get back to me with their findings and solutions.

Goaltender - have you checked out the radio blasting thread here - http://www.dodgejour...-sound-problem/ - yet? Seems that 22 is the common 'blast point' in the radios.

Ya, the guys at the Tech Centre also told me that there is supposed to be a flash coming out for that problem. Haven't talked to them in a while. I may just call them tomorow. I'll keep you posted. Ya 22 seems to be the blast point for me too.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've been away for a while, wife in hospital. DodgeCares...thanks for helping him out with this. I had the damper replaced a couple weeks ago and it did settle the engine down a little...not as shaky as it was. I was also in contact with the Tech Centre here in Windsor and aparently, they have a couple others with similar issues. They will get back to me with their findings and solutions.

Just curious if you have had any reply from your tech center about the rough idle? I just purchased my Journey SXT one week ago and am sitting at the service dept now for the radio blasting and the rough idle... Thanks for any updates or info, I will update if they figure anything here!