Ordered our new Journey the other day...a few questions

nathan513

We went to the dealership the other day and ordered my wifes new Journey. It's going to be a Bright Silver SXT FWD with the Flex seating group and Entertainment Group II. When it arrives we're thinking about having the dealership install the 10" rear DVD system and remote start system. Does anybody currently have the NAV system in their Journey. I know it was late availability but I'm just curious if it is user friendly or not. I didn't realize it wasn't a touch screen unit like the others. I wonder how easy it will be to use the joystick instead of touchscreen.

I also have a question about the order itself. Is there a tracking number or something that we can get from the dealership to monitor it's progress? Any info would be great.

I love the forum so far! Also check out www.dodgetalk.com/forums and go to the Journey page. Dodge Talk has a wealth of knowledge for anything Dodge. The Journey section is kind of slow right now, but I'm sure that will pick up once more people start buying them.

Thanks,

Nathan

We went to the dealership the other day and ordered my wifes new Journey. It's going to be a Bright Silver SXT FWD with the Flex seating group and Entertainment Group II. When it arrives we're thinking about having the dealership install the 10" rear DVD system and remote start system. Does anybody currently have the NAV system in their Journey. I know it was late availability but I'm just curious if it is user friendly or not. I didn't realize it wasn't a touch screen unit like the others. I wonder how easy it will be to use the joystick instead of touchscreen.

I also have a question about the order itself. Is there a tracking number or something that we can get from the dealership to monitor it's progress? Any info would be great.

I love the forum so far! Also check out www.dodgetalk.com/forums and go to the Journey page. Dodge Talk has a wealth of knowledge for anything Dodge. The Journey section is kind of slow right now, but I'm sure that will pick up once more people start buying them.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan, you can order the SXT with the remote start. This way it comes under warranty for the life of the car if you are in the States. Rather than a 1 year warranty as an aftermarket one. Bonus is, you get the heated front seats too.

We ordered ours with the Nav too

as for tracking (not in Canada, just your dealer only)

Most orders are 8-10 weeks

Rob

Rob

Nathan, you can order the SXT with the remote start. This way it comes under warranty for the life of the car if you are in the States. Rather than a 1 year warranty as an aftermarket one. Bonus is, you get the heated front seats too.

We ordered ours with the Nav too

as for tracking (not in Canada, just your dealer only)

Most orders are 8-10 weeks

Rob

Rob

The dealer had already ordered ours... the remote start was just an afterthought. Living in deep south TX heated seats are definitely something that I can live without. ;) We had to order ours right away, to hopefully get it before we take our summer trip. Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it. That waranty would have been nice, wish I would have thought about it before we had him order it. Oh well.

The dealer had already ordered ours... the remote start was just an afterthought. Living in deep south TX heated seats are definitely something that I can live without. ;) We had to order ours right away, to hopefully get it before we take our summer trip. Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate it. That waranty would have been nice, wish I would have thought about it before we had him order it. Oh well.

ya I noticed after posting you were in Texas,... :hysterical: Heated seats there is like A/C at the north pole

As for keeping an eye on the order, in the States as long as you have a VIN and your VON (vehicle order #) you can track it through a 1800 number. It is posted here but I do not have it available. AND!!!!!!! you get the lifetime warranty <_<

Keep us posted how the order goes

Rob

It strikes me funny how the warranty can be different from one country to another. Are the Canadians being suckered by not getting the same warranty or do the Americans obtain a better vehicle when they purchase a Journey?

It strikes me funny how the warranty can be different from one country to another. Are the Canadians being suckered by not getting the same warranty or do the Americans obtain a better vehicle when they purchase a Journey?

I contacted Chrysler about this issue and they said in a nut shell,..."because most Canadians turn over their cars more often than the United States, the Lifetime warranty is useless for us",... if it smells like BS, it probably is BS.

I hate the way we get painted as "Most Canadians" I plan on driving this car til it drops like all my other cars other than my 2001 F150, my next newest car is my 1991 Caravan (Rosie) that I will not part from. Sure would be nice to have a 15 year old Journey underwarranty!!!!!!!!!!

Rob